Chapter 5: Home Sweet Home

Start from the beginning

What would that have felt like if it was Louis' kiss? Niall's? Wait, no. I don't want to feel Niall's kiss. Nope, never. Ugh, I need mental and sychiatric help. Niall and I? No. Just no. It won't ever be like that. We won't ever be together. It just feels too weird. Too wrong... But so right.

"Come on before we draw an even bigger crowd," Paul announced. I barely even remembered that we were in a crowded airport filled with plenty of screaming Directioners. We all nodded and followed Zayn's lead as he guided us out.

There was plenty of clicks, flashes, shrieks, squeals, screams, and excited patter of feet as we pushed roughly through paparazzi and out into the cool British breeze. It splashed all of our faces and I winced slightly. It took a little getting used to because it was much less humid in Sweden.

"Harry!" I heard from across the lot. I looked up and locked eyes with the second most beautiful girl in the world. Smiling as the wind rushed through her long, dark hair, she began walking towards us. Because of the fair temperature outside today, she was wearing shorts and a tee shirt. Quite American-looking.

I ran towards her with a newly found pep in my step. Finally reaching her, we embraced tightly. "Gemma!" I said like a happy schoolboy during the Christmas holidays while buring my face into her honey-scented hair. "I missed you."

"We've missed you, too," she replied into my curly brown hair, which matched hers. I parted from her slightly and gave her an odd look. We? "Me and mum. Oh, and Dusty. They've been a wreck." Her pink lips formed a grin as I glanced past her shoulder.

I smiled ear-to-ear when I saw my mum. I immediantly released my sister out of my grasp and walked past her, towards the most beautiful woman in the world. "Mum!" I wrapped my arms around her thin waist and squeezed as tightly as I could.

"Hi Mrs. Anne." I looked up and saw five boys grinning madly at me and my mum. Squinting hard at all of them, I released her from my arms and gave them all a rather dirty look. Zayn was the one who had said it, which honestly surprised me. It's usually Louis yelling cheeky things at my mum. Ya know... She's quite hot for a mother.

"Hi, boys." My mum gave them all a wave and you could literally be blinded by the amount of red that arose on their cheeks. I rolled my eyes and headed towards her car as Gemma went to greet the boys. I could hear them solicalizing amongst themselves as I slid onto the seat.

Looking out of the window, I gave a wave to Zayn's and Louis' sisters. They all gave me an over-excited look and waved back at me happily. Sometimes I think that they might have a crush on me, but I over-look it. That would be beyond awko-taco, right?

Nothing will ever compare to the awkwardness of Louis, you-know-who and I. I still cannot believe that. Louis is supposed to be my best friend, so why doesn't he get it? If anything, I want to tell him how much I love and appreciate him. I can't though, and we all know why. Niall just still doesn't make sence to me. How the hell could he ever think I like Niall in that way? See, it makes no damn sence.

The boys eventually left with their families and Gemma came to the car with us. My mum quickley started up the car and we began our ride home. Normally, I would go to Louis and I's home in London, but I really want some family time today and I am quite sure he does, too. Besides, he might start chatting too much about Niall, and I could not take that.

Louis' cute when he's oblivious. No matter how much I try to hate him for this, I just cannot. He is too sweet, funny, and charming for anyone to truly hate him.

I let Louis, Niall, and everything else escape my mind and let the purr of the engine fill in. We arrived home long after. It felt like forever because I couldn't sleep. I just stared at every tree and counted every vehicle that passed by the window. For the record, I counted 721 cars. I lost count of the trees.

Gemma's door slam came shortly after the car haulted in front of my family home. "Are you coming, or what?" I heard her ask as another door closed shut. I shook my hair out, quickley coming out of my sleepy trance. Following their lead, I pusjed the door open, stepped out into the cool air, closed it behind me, and made my way towards the door.

Surprisingly, there was no fans around the street corners or near my front door. I find that very pleasing, to be honest. Nice, quiet, family time. My mum held the door open for me as I finally entered my house. It was nice and warm, just like I remembered it, and it smells lovely. Louis would've liked to join me...

"So, come tell me about what's going on."

I turned my head towards the voice, which came from the couch. Gemma had dissapeared to her room and Joe was most likely still working, so it had to be mum again. It was. Smiling genuinly at my knackered-looking mother, I joined her on the couch. With one quick move, she pulled a rather large, cozy blanket over the both of us. I guess I'll just put my luggage away later. Right now, I just want to be with my mum and relax.

If you did not already notice, I am a big mummy's boy. I nuzzed my floppy brown curls into my mums neck as she wrapped both of her arms around me.

"Sweden was great," I replied, suddenly remembering her question.

She squeezed my waist gently as her answer. "Well, I'm glad you had fun, sweetie." I sighed as an awkward silence filed in between us. Instead of speaking, I listened to the light thumping of my mum's heart. It was rythmic and lovely. Her chest rose heavily before she spoke again. "Anything you want to talk to me about?"

I wrinkled my eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean?" I looked up at her. "Is there something you want me to talk to you about?"

She shrugged. "Jay and I were talking earlier..."

"Oh," I mumbled while pursing my lips together. "That's nice."

"Yeah, it is." Another short silence arose. Those kill me. It is too tense in here for me to handle. I would get up and leave, but I feel like I am paralyzed. She talked to Jay, which means she had a connection to Lou... Who knows what that means? "Jay was speaking to Louis about something."

I squeezed my eyes shut. Suspicions confirmed.

"I thought you fancied Louis, baby," my mum said suddenly. Those words made me feel weak. I could feel the contents of my stomach begin to rise up into my throat. A million thoughts swarmed my mind; I just cannot take it.

"Mum, you know I don't like talking about that."

I had told my mum that I had feelings for Louis about last year, and she was very open to it. She even liked the idea of us as a couple. Of course she told Jay, but she promised to keep it a secret. Therefore, the three of us were the only ones who knew about my deep feelings for the elder lad. Not even Gemma knows, and I tell her everything.

"Babe, I'm sorry, but I need to know," she continued. I let out a long breath, mentaloy telling her that she could continue on speaking. "Why did you tell Louis that you fancy Niall?"

Biting my lip extremely hard, I kept quiet.

"Okay, then. Don't tell me now. Tell me later. Promise?"

I nodded slowely. I really don't want to tell my mum about the mishap with Niall and Louis. I don't really want to explain any of this to her. It was already complicated enough as it is, so why add to the story? Of course, I would have told my mum anyway, but not now... It's too late, though. I already promised her.

And I, Harry Styles, intend to keep my promises.