"Well, I'm awake now." You huffed, crossing your arms in annoyance. While she was your best friend and always would be, you had to admit that she often didn't think things through before doing them. Give her time to think it through, she'd be fine. However, spontaneous thinking wasn't really her forte.

Once the mess had been resolved, the two of you fell into a comfortable atmosphere of peace and quiet. The two of you ate breakfast- well, lunch- together at the table, some friendly chatter in between. Of course the subject began to drift towards the events of yesterday, even though you would dread thinking about it. Too much chaos for your liking

"-then I got my book signed by Tyler, I even hung out with some girl in line for a bit. She had this huge hand drawn poster to give him; it looked so good! Sometimes I wish I was good in art, then I could make so much fanart. Maybe if I practice I'll be as good as you one day!"

You coughed at her words, a tint of pink spreading across your cheeks. "A-ah no, I'm not that good, Hailey. They're just doodles..."

Hailey rolled her eyes. "Yeah, really good doodles. (Y/N), you're really good at drawing, how many times do I have to tell you that? Just accept my compliments already, would ya?" She gave you a small kick under the table as if to push the praise further into you. All it did was make you get more flustered.

Thankfully, Hailey changed the subject rather quickly as she jumped to her next order of operation: more questions about what happened the day before. "So, about yesterday-"

A throaty groan tumbled from you, your eyes rolling far into your head as they threatened to do a 360. How many times was she going to ask to about it? "Look, it was all one mistake in the first place. Yes, I ran into that Dan guy but it wasn't anything extraordinary. He was just some random guy who helped me out, nothing more- nothing less." You leaned back in your chair with a huff, growing tired of talking. It annoyed you that you couldn't see the magic in this. If anything, it only stressed you out.

"Okay okay, but just one more question-" Sure, you could probably do one more. "-Was he cute? Well (Y/N), was he?"

"Haileyyyyy!" You whined loudly, bringing your hand up to rub your temple, a dull headache forming from irritation. Did it matter what he looked like? Was he cute? Honestly, you didn't know. Though if you had an opinion on him, you guessed it would be a positive one. He was so tall that he could reach the heavens, his hair reminiscent of chestnuts under the golden glow of a summer's sunset, his eyes holding equal warmth and radiance. A voice of deep, pure melodies that pleasantly flowed through you mind whenever he spoke; a smile the definition of perfection.

But of course you would never tell Hailey this poetic description you had conjured up, she'd read into it too much. This was just a sneaky way you could practice your English skills. A lengthy, detailed retelling of what you saw. Nothing wrong with that.

Hailey sat impatiently, waiting for your answer. You gave a simple shrug, pushing your previous thoughts back. "Honestly, I didn't get a good look. I was too busy stealing little sandwiches."

Hailey gave you a playful shove, seeming to be unhappy with the response you gave. In the end she gave a sigh, realizing she couldn't win this one. "Okay, fine. It just sucks that you didn't get a good look, I would literally die on the spot if I were you." She then raised a hand above her heart, putting her free hand beside her head. "And I promise that I'll stop asking questions now. That okay with you?"

You gave a small nod, thankful for the topic to be done and over with. That was, until she gave one last comment. "Man, I wish you could've met Phil too..."

For some reason that named clicked in your head, reminding you of what Dan had said once he barreled past another Youtuber. "Oh, I think Dan ran past him when we were escaping the guards and he gave a quick little ap-"