Escape

~+Red Amry Base: Night+~

Knock Knock

"Blue?"

Tom groans as he slowly starts to wake up. He glances at the clock tiredly, "Who the fuck wakes someone up at 1 in the morning?"

He pulls himself off the bed and goes to the door. The brunet had to wonder who could need his help when he's noted to be on medical leave with his amnesia. Tom goes over to the door and opens it a little.

"It's 1 in the fucking morning." He sternly states, making the soldier behind the door look at him wide eyed in response.

The soldier is a female with sun-kissed skin, chocolate colored hair, and beautiful hazel eyes. She wore one of his styled uniforms that his group wears from what Tord told him earlier.

"I'm sorry Blue," she apologizes looking down.

Tom shakes his head and just leans himself against the door frame once he opens the door fully. "So what do you need so early in the morning?"

"A soldier out on patrol requested if you could come check on something outside. He thought he saw something."

Tom looks confused, "Shouldn't the Commie be handling those types of things? I'm also noted to be on medical leave for a while until I get my memories back."

"Red Leader is too busy with work to come check the situation at the moment. So he asked me to come here to get you to check it out."

Tom sighs, "Fine. Before we go, can I get your name?"

The soldier in blue and white nods with a smile as she answers. "My name is Katie Jones."

~Small Time Skip~

Katie led Tom outside of the base. On the way, they were greeted by other blue soldiers kindly. The brunet was thankful none of them questioned where they were going.

She took Tom outside of the base, avoiding the patrol paths of Red soldiers with caution until they reached a specific station where her partner waited.

"Just around here Blue."

Tom nods and follows her around the corner. Full turn he saw a black Jeep running with two men standing beside it. The third man, in a Red Army uniform, is talking to them with a smile.

"Owen! I got Blue!" She says, not too loud to get the attention of any other soldier that might not be too far from them.

The man in a green hoodie and black long coat smiles at the sight of Tom. "Thank goodness! Tom!" He comes up to Tom and gives his a big, strong, bear hug.

"Edd?" Tom questions as he is squeezed into a hug by his friend.

Edd lets him go, "Yeah, I heard what happen from our soldiers. I'm so glad that you survived even if you did lose some of your memories."

Matt comes over, patting Tom on the shoulder. "It's good to see you again Tom, it's been forever since we last saw you."

"Wow, Matt you look different too," Tom says in surprise seeing the metal chin and right robot eye. "Really different." Matt just chuckles knowing what he means.

"Anyways we came to pick you up and take you back to the Rebellion Base," Matt says taking Tom's hand to lead him to the Jeep. "Come on, we have to go while we have the chance."

However, Tom didn't walk forward at the tug of Matt's hand. "Wait, but what about my soldiers here? Don't we need to bring them too?"

Edd looks at the enemy base sadly. "Tom we can come back for them another time. Taking all of them out right now will cause problems. Until then, we need to figure out how to stop Tord."