Chapter 13: I Had Awkward-O's For Breakfast

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Chapter 13: I Had Awkward-O's For Breakfast

Over the next few days, I had gone back to my dad's place but this time I was a little more prepared: emotionally and fashionably

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Over the next few days, I had gone back to my dad's place but this time I was a little more prepared: emotionally and fashionably. My mother and I made a deal to meet every weekend or whenever I felt like popping by. But, since my mother picked up more night shifts at the hospital, I had spent more time here at Casa de la Scott. Yet, that sadly didn't quite mean I was integrated into the family like we were the new Brady Bunch. 

So, for the most parts I was locked away in the library that was my make-shift room. The plus side of that was that I was provided with some entertainment being locked, in a library. Well, some other form of entertainment other than watching Evan making out right in front of my window all the time.Every time I had opened the window I would see him in his room with someone new. So, I had to get used to not getting any sunlight into my room as I kept my blinds closed for the most parts. 

Sadly, last night my bulb decided gave out on me. I had to resort to going to sleep early which wasn't that much better since I was sleeping on an air mattress that made piles of rocks seem comfortably soft. The wimp-me didn't have it in me, after the whole debacle, to ask my father for an actual mattress (or even say hi to him).

As I stood getting ready with my aching back begging to lie on a pile of clouds, I slightly opened the window curtains to allow some light in. Just then, I had heard my phone go off. My body bent down to the mattress and reached underneath my pillow searching for my phone. Grasping the phone in my hands, I looked at the lock screen trying to figure out who it was.

Aiden. "Hey! So, I know you said you were a bit busy for the last few dates. So, I decided we should go on a morning date to take you to practice? I'll be there at 5:30 AM. :)" I whispered to myself reading the text.

It seemed a little too early for an Aiden text. Yet, I couldn't help but smile. During the summer, the two of us hadn't gotten to spend any time together- though we did text- and so, a part of me was worried that he wouldn't feel the same way anymore.

But, over the few days that we had been in class, he had been constantly texting me cute messages here and there. It felt nice to not be a single pringle but also to read the cutesy texts.

***

As I sat at the dining table, I tried to eat my meal nonchalantly hoping to not give away the fact that Aiden was picking me up. If I did, I would have to tell my father all about who Aiden was and why he was coming to pick me up. That would require me to have a conversation that was more than a few sentences long and like I said, I was still being a wimp about that.

"Did you have a chance to apologize to Leah?" My dad's tired red eyes looked up from his newspaper as he calmly asked.

I looked up towards him from the bowl of Cheerio's that I was eating. I could see from the corner of my eyes Leah looking at me cocking her eyebrows up. My gaze remained on the bowl that was in front of me. I slowly opened my mouth trying to draw something to say. A sudden honk had caused me to flinch.

My eyes hesitantly made their way towards my father as I bit my lips hoping not to get in trouble as I finally opened my mouth. "That's my ride! My friend is gonna drop me off school since he's on the football team."

"Oh, um... That's wonderful! Maybe, they'd be able to give Leah a ride as well. I do have to get work quickly today. It's a big day at the office," There was a slight smile on his face that had made me feel like I had dodged a bullet. "But, this conversation isn't finished."

A part of me wanted to refuse her to come with us but at the same time, I seemed like a little sacrifice for keeping the peace. "Yes, of course," I just gently nodded as I grabbed my backpack and headed towards the door not waiting for Leah.

I could hear Leah's disgruntled sighs get louder and louder as she followed behind me along with her trudging footsteps. With each sigh that she didn't even try to hide, I could feel my veins spark a little flame that would soon become a blazing fire. I tried to keep it tame by clenching my fist.

"You know that no one is forcing you to come with me right?" I informed her aggravatedly without turning around to look how far behind she was. I was able to judge from the loudness of "Ugh" when she replied that she was only a few inches behind me.

My eyes met Aiden's through the window on the passenger's side. He looked up from his phone and sported a cheeky grin as he put his phone down. His hand lifted up to give a wave which he then used to point to Leah with a confused look form on his face.

I gave him shrugged shoulders as I opened the car door. "Room for one more?" I asked with a guilty smile when I slid into the passenger's side.

"Anything for you, babe" He leaned in placing a small kiss on my cheek as he stayed there close to my face. His hand gently moved a strand of my hair and placed it delicately behind my ear.

"If you two lovebirds don't mind, I'd like to keep my breakfast inside me and not throw up," Leah grumbled as she threw her backpack onto the car floor and slammed the door shut.

"If you don't mind, I'd like to get my car to school in one piece," Aiden laughed out saying as he put the car into drive.

"Bite me," Leah scoffed out under her breath crossing her arms annoyed as began to play at the edges of her cheer-leading uniform.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I hope you guys liked this chapter! I have more exciting stuff planned for them all. Do you guys have any favorites yet? 

Before We Begin (ON HOLD)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें