Chapter 3: No Distance Is The Best Distance

Chapter 3: 

No Distance Is The Best Distance

The obnoxious laughter of Leah's squad still made its way to my ears as I walked up the stairs. She couldn't let any opportunity pass her by to remind me of my dad. Suddenly, my soda soaked dress that clung on to my body started making me feel cold. The night was just filled with one disaster after another. It was all because of Lea... I mean it was partially my fault, I guess. If only I didn't screw up the dinner or I could have just gone home like my dad told me to. It was like me to mess it up. All these thoughts that suddenly rushed through my mind enraged me even more.

As I pushed past the people on the stairs, I had one thing on my mind. Go to the bathroom, calm down and then go home. That was my plan. Perhaps, sleep would be my only savior at this point.

In every corner of the hall, I saw bodies plastered to each other or small groups giving me the eye before going back to their conversations. My feet were stumbling, and my eyes were barely staying open.

"Does she go to our school?" I heard a girl who's in my math class say.

"Nah, I think we'd remember a face like that. Makeup would do her wonders." The other one replied.

"That's not going to be enough." The first girl said again as they both started laughing hysterically. They were the extensions to Leah's little circus friends but minus the ringleader Leah. I never understood why they had to hate me so much. Every encounter with them always ended the same way,

I just shook my head and went back on my mission to leave this place as soon as possible. When I looked around to find a bathroom, door number one wouldn't open and number two had a makeout session. The two strangers stopped and look towards me with a weird expression.

"Yo, creep. Whatcha looking at? Do you want to take a picture to last longer? She's such a dork. Do you need an invitation or something to get out?" The girl with the red hair says to me with disgust.