Chapter 11: I've Come From The Darkside

Chapter 11:

I've Come From The Darkside

I felt myself coming in and out of consciousness. There were sounds that had filled my head yet I couldn't tell where they were coming from. The voices didn't have a face to them as the darkness filled my eyes.

From what felt like an eternity later, I gained control of my body. As my arms laid lifeless with my body straight, I realized I was lying down. I began to slowly open my eyes to find a figure seated in front of me who was chatting with Nurse Henley -Brook's Hills sweetest school nurse.

I brought my body up to a seated position. As soon as my back was straight up, I felt the blackness come in again. A fear crept in of the situation repeating itself again as my body fell weak. The scared part of me let out a small yip without me intending to when I felt my head throb.

"Sweetie, no. Stay lying down! You're still very pale," the nurse broke out of the conversation with the person seated right in front of me at the end of the nurse bed I was lying on. Listening to the nurse, my arms let go of my body weight allowing myself to recline back.

"Now, that you are awake though," the nurse continued with her train of thought as she kept her gaze locked on me "Evan, dear, can you give her some water please?" As those last words came out of her mouth, the person in front of me turned around.

Evan. I said to myself. My mouth dried up. For someone who I did a great job of hiding from, seems to be everywhere now. I saw him stand up with his shoulders tensely arched back and a rigid posture. The smile he wore on his face was soon replaced by something else.