Something Was Strange

~Max's POV~

It was strange. The first time I saw Eleven, she seemed to dislike me. Now, it felt as though we were becoming closer. I mean, I wasn't nearly as close to her as the boys were, but I felt like she didn't dislike me anymore.

I stood at the side of the arcade machine. Dustin was trying to beat my Dig Dug score. Lucas and Will were eagerly watching. El just stood at the other side of them, looking a little lost. I watched as El turned and walked away.

I craned my neck to try and see where she was going. I watched as she approached Mike who was standing off to the side.

I remember when I first met Mike. It seemed like only yesterday. I was hard to believe was over six months ago. I still remember how we were visiting Hawkins, and Billy nearly ran him over. I remember seeing him on the side of the road when we first talked, and how I had made a complete fool out of myself.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

I had just gotten kicked out of the car by Billy.

"Oh, uh yeah."

"Well, my name's Mike."

"I'm Max. Look, I'm really sorry about yesterday. I told my brother to look out, but it looks like he hit you because your arm is injured. I'm rambling now aren't I. Well if you don't mind me asking have you been crying?"

I could still remember how flustered he looked.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have-"

"It's ok. Look, I should be going," he had said, before quickly taking off.

I never understood why he disliked me so much.

I remembered how I had developed a small crush on him. Only to find out, the reason he had been so upset all the time was because of Eleven, the girl he liked.

Now, I liked Lucas, and Lucas liked me. I felt really happy. I also felt really happy for Mike and Eleven. Mike was always in such a good mood now. He hadn't gotten mad at me for a while.

I watched as Eleven approached Mike. The two conversed very shortly. I watched from a distance as El leaned in closer to Mike, and reach for his hand. I was shocked when he pushed away.

That was so unlike Mike. 

I watched as Mike said something and ran out the door.

El might have thought that no one had seen anything, but I had. Something was strange. Something just wasn't right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have something very exciting planned for the next several chapters so stay tuned! I really hope you are enjoying my story! All of the comments and positive feedback make my day. Thank you so much! ~Rocky