Chapter Forty-Three

Word count: 4301

+_+_+_+

Traitor's Person Point of View

I watch as he falls to the floor, his last words slip out of his mouth before he goes limp. I walk up to his body and look down at his sleeping form.

"Such a shame that things had to end this way,"

I lower down, grabbing his arm and leg as I hoist him over my shoulders. I walk out of the office, heading to my boss with hopes of pleasing them.

•Xandria's Point of View•

It was quiet, so silent I swear I could hear my own heart pounding in my chest. A cool wind blew by causing my body to shiver. I was in dress that flowed down to my knee, but had a slit on the right side of me stopping just at my hip. It was a lace material and fit my body so perfectly it was as if it were made just for me.

From the looks of my surrounding I was in Hunter and I's bedroom. The bed was the same, the placement of the furniture was the same, but the one thing that stood out the most was the crib opposite me.

It was a simple white, wooden crib with purple sheets and stuff toys inside. The only thing missing from the crib was a baby, without it, it just looked like a misplaced item in the room.

It didn't look like it belonged.

I felt something inside of me, pulling me closer to the crib; as though it was of great importance. My hands gripped the top bar and I looked down at the baby-less crib. The mattress had an imprint of a body; a small body, one that only an infant could make.

Then I heard it.

It was coming from behind the door that leads to the hallway. It was a cry, but not just any cry, it was a baby's cry.

I turned around just as the door opened. A woman in a long glowing white dress stepped into the room. The dress flowed behind her like a long train of fabric that had no end. As she walked in it was as if she was floating on air. I had an idea of who she was just by the aura she gave off.

"Moon Goddess," I greet, bowing my head slightly. She smiled sweetly at me, showing me the small baby girl in her arms. She was wrapped in a light pink blanket. She was so small, possibly the smallest child I have ever seen.

"Would you like to hold her?" she asks, her voice angelic and soft. I nod my head, feeling as though this baby was more than it seemed. I felt a connection to her.

"What's her name?" I ask, cradling the petite child in my arms. I held her in my arms, being sure to support her little head. She was so tiny and precious; I never want harm to come to this beautiful child.

Her skin was an olive colour and she had the most gorgeous hazel eyes. They looked similar to mine, and her plump lips matched that of Hunter's.

I knew right then who's baby I was holding and I never wanted to let her go.

"Her name is Hazel," she says, which went perfect with the glowing eyes that looked at me in wonder. She was so gorgeous.

"My little Hazel," I whisper lovingly. I stretch out my index finger and wave it in front of her face, her little hands coming up to wrap around them in a loose fashion.

"I am so sorry for your loss," the Moon Goddess says, so lowly that I almost don't catch what she says. I look up in shock, not believing the words coming out of her mouth.