Chapter Twenty-Nine

Word Count: 5463

Cover made by forgotten__

+_+_+_+

The festivities of yesterday had lasted until two in the morning. The seemingly 'pack barbecue' had turned into a full blown house party. All the adults went off to their homes at around ten, leaving the teenagers of the pack to have the pack house all to themselves. There weren't many adults who lived in this pack house, and the ones who did, were in their late twenties and partied with the rest of us.

I'm not really sure what time I went off to bed, but I do remember drinking a lot more than I'm used to. Hunter and I were supposed to be the examples of the pack, but once everyone began taking out the alcoholic drinks, Hunter was on his own. Gaby somehow convinced me to take tequila shots with her, which then led to many many beers being drank by me.

Hunter had had enough at around two in the morning, and sent everyone off to bed when he caught me talking to a group of male pack members. He got all possessive and claimed them of wanting to 'take advantage of me' whilst I was drunk. I went off to bed after that, against my own wishes, and now I'm not really sure what happened to those guys. Hunter must have dealt with them, which cannot mean anything good. I really hope they're alive.

"Good morning beautiful," Hunter says from my right. He made Chace and Jordan drag me up to his room while he yelled at the group of guys. After some arguing, I finally fell asleep. I guess he joined me after he was done.

"Too loud," I groan, turning onto my stomach. He was too awake for a Monday morning! Thank the Goddess that I don't have school anymore. Considering all that I've been through, Hunter pulled us out since he saw no point in it anymore. It would just take away from the important matter at hand, which was to defeat the French. School wasn't really of relevance to us anymore, so Hunter, Chace, and I no longer attend. Dylan, Kendall, and Gaby somehow convinced their parents to let them do online courses and that way they still get their diplomas, but don't have to deal with other students annoying them.

As I try to fall back asleep, I hear Hunter begin to speak, but I block him out with a pillow.

To be more specific, I threw the pillow at Hunter's face. It worked, and hit his straight on the face!

"That wasn't very nice," he growls playfully.

"Well, I'm not very nice," I counter, mumbling most of it into the sheets. Hunter sighs, and then I feel the bed lift as he gets off.

"I'm going to go make breakfast," he says, followed by the door closing behind him. I peak up from under the covers to make sure he isn't still in here.

Thankfully, he was true to his word and was out of the room. Hopefully, he was also telling the truth about making breakfast. I am starving!

Or maybe that's just my beer belly talking.

~

"My parents called this morning," Chace says as I enter the kitchen. I look over at him, not really sure if he was speaking to me. Hunter was nowhere in sight, so he must be talking to me. Though, I can't believe Hunter lied to me! "They were calling Hunter to ask if you would like to come to dinner at their house tonight. It's a family meal, so Emiliah and I will have to be there," Chace adds, unenthusiastically.