Chapter Two

•Xandria's Point of View•

"Oh come on Xandria, stop being such a drag and get your lazy ass out of bed," my two best friends, Gaby and Kendall, shook my bed from each side of it. I groaned and looked at them with squinted eyes. I tried my best to glare, but it probably looked more like a squint people do when they can't see well. 

"It's you eighteenth birthday and you're going to waste it laying in bed!" Gaby complains from my left side. Sighing, I lift myself up nearly knocking heads with her. Why is she so damn close?!

"Geez Gaby, move would ya?" I grumble, pushing her shoulders away from me. I flip over and land back on my bed, this time stomach down. "I don't want to get up," I groan, but it sounded mumbled against my pillow as I buried my head deeper into its warmth. Kendall groans as well, which was soon followed by silence.

Curiously I peek up from the pillow, noticing they are no longer to the sides of me. Smiling, I bury my face back into the pillow as silence once again fills my room. 

Ah peace and quiet... I've missed you.

I had only closed my eyes for a few seconds before my two annoying friends and a new person came flailing into my room. The door smacks against my wall aggressively, which no doubt has left a hole in my wall. Groaning loudly, I realize I had no quiet anymore.

"Oh stop being such a party pooper. You are probably the boringest eighteen year old alive," my other best friend, Dylan, complains. Normally they wouldn't come over to my house this early in the morning, or at all, but since it's my birthday and my mother has been gone the past two days, they decided to pay me an early visit...

Yay me... note the sarcasm.

"Because, unlike you two annoying people, I have no life and would like to stay in bed," I reply irritated with my voice being deeper then usual meaning I'm still half asleep. It was a clear indication that I needed more sleep and have not fully woken up. "And boringest isn't a word, dummy," I mumble to Dylan's comment against the bed sheets, but I'm sure he still heard me seeing as he has werewolf hearing.

"True, but now we're here to live you up a bit," Gaby cheers, while Kendall dances around my room like a fool. Dylan joins in and twirls his mate around as she stumbles over her own feet. Neither of them were dancers, but it did bring a smile to my face, so I guess they succeeded in taking my grumpy mood away. 

It made my happy to see Dylan so in love and head over heels for a girl. Back in tenth grade, Kendall wasn't exactly close with us, but did hang out with us once in a while. She was more that friend you'd only talk to at school, but never go out with them. Anyways, a werewolf can find their mate when they are both eighteen. Dylan, who was already eighteen, walked into school on Kendall's eighteenth birthday and they practically jumped each other's bones in the hallways. Though it was gross to see them sticking their tongues down each other's throats, it was really nice to see Dylan finally settle down with a girl; a sweet one at that. As for Gaby, she is still patiently waiting to meet her mate. 

"Fine, I'll get up," I say, giving in, which they all cheer. At this point Gaby has joined in on the dancing, and they all prance around, with no music playing might I add. "But-," I say, causing them to freeze in their places, "only if you promise to stop dancing."

Chuckling, they all nod their heads, standing normally now. 

"Okay, now shoo, I need to change," I say, pushing them out of my bedroom. Pushing three werewolves out the door was a lot harder than I thought. For some reason they were heavier than humans, which was strange because they could move faster than humans.

"Okay, okay calm down," Dylan says, putting his hands up in defence, as he walks backwards out the door. I shove the two girls out of the door with Dylan, who was already walking down the staircase. Most likely going to the kitchen to find food. One thing about male werewolves, they sure love to eat.