Chapter Twenty

Word Count: 4208

I changed the summary at the beginning, but this edit displays the old one.

Song added to this chapter is called Pillow talk by Zayn Malik.

This song is sooooo damn good!!

+_+_+_+

Xandria's Point of View

"I'm going to need to stop for gas, Alpha, you can all get out and buy some food while you wait," the driver informs him as he makes a left turn signal in order to enter the small plaza. There was a gas station and a convenient store with a McDonald's attached. My eyes were a tad bit droopy from my nap, but I manage to peer them open to watch Hunter turn around in his seat.

"Alright. Are you girls hungry?" Hunter asks facing us but he looks more in my direction than in Gaby's. I'm pretty sure he could care less about Gaby's hunger at the moment because of my negativity towards her. If I hate someone, I'm sure he felt the hatred towards them too. I don't get why, but it was something I could tell we would be going through for our entire lives.

"Yeah, I could eat," I shrug, nodding my head. Gaby nods hers in agreement, not having said anything since I woke up a few minutes ago.

The driver parks the car in front of one of the gas meters. Hunter got out, followed by Gaby and then being a gentleman, Hunter opens my door for me.

"Such a gentleman, thank you," I say with a little curtsy. Hunter chuckles and I see the corner of his mouth raise into a smile. His smile was something that could brighten even on the worst of days.

"Why are you grinning so profusely?" he asks, as we follow behind Gaby into the McDonald's attached to the convenient store. I look back at the car to see that the SUV with the rogues have also stopped to collect gas. I wonder if they are going to come eat as well?

The bell at the top of the door began to chime as we all step in one by one. Hunter looks back as well to observe the van.

"Just happy to be happy," I say, answering his previous question. My smile grew as I saw his confused face. I giggle as his nose scrunches up, signalling he was about to sneeze.

"Bless you," I say before he can let the sneeze out. Instantly his face contorts into a dazed one and he glares at me in irritation.

"You stopped my sneeze," he complains, rubbing his nose irritatedly. I laugh as he continues to glare at me. I didn't think that it would actually work, but if you say 'bless you' to someone as they are about to sneeze you can stop them from sneezing. It weird, but it works.

"That was the point," I say with a straight face, but I'm really trying to hide my grin.

Walking faster to get a spot in line, I nearly knock heads with the person ahead.

"Oops, sorry," I say, putting my hands up to stop my dizzy head. I didn't hit the guy, but it still took a lot of effort to avoid colliding our heads.

"Yeah, well next time-," the furious tone in the mans voice has me cringing away in guilt. He stop mid-sentence when he looks at something behind me. Turning around, I come eye to eye with the enticing chocolate eyes that have captured my heart.

"Got something to say, buddy? Come on, no ones stopping you from finishing your sentence. I, for one, would love to see what happens at the end," Hunter says with a vicious smirk. He begins to crack his knuckles as he sizes himself up with the guy. I could tell he was really getting to the guy because of the Alpha power that was radiating off of him. Slowly and cautiously, the man began to back up and runs off to the back of the line.