Chapter Ten

Word Count: 7181

^Picture of Ethan Perez^

+_+_+_+

Xandria's Point of View

I lay my head on the soft pillow. I hadn't felt so comfortable on a bed in so long. The last time I had a comfy bed, or should I say crib, was when I was an infant. Yup, that's right, I've had the same crappy bed almost all my life. I've been sleeping on the same beat up mattress, with the same lumpy pillow, and surprisingly comfy comforter, for as long as I can remember. It wasn't the worst thing I could get, especially since some people don't even have beds, but I don't think even a homeless person would want my junk of a 'bed'. It's like sleeping on the floor, but with a comfy blanket on top! It's terrible.

Anyways, the bed I was currently sharing was a Queen, and left a lot of space between me and the jerk taking a shower. I could hear the water running and I used this time to think.

I go back to today's events as I play with the ends of my hair. I twirl my brown locks between my fingers as I think back to that rogue. How had it gotten in so easy? Was there more than one? What purpose did they have? To kill innocents for no reason? I don't think rogues are stupid enough to attack a strong pack like this one. Maybe they all just have death wishes.

Sighing, not being able to figure this out, I change my thoughts to something else; Hunter Thatch.

Why does something always mess up for us? How am I supposed to explain this to him? I know that I'm not ready to accept him, but I'm beginning to think that maybe getting to know him isn't so bad. It's not like I'm going to jump straight into bed with him, even though that time we slept in the same bed was one of the best sleeps of my life, I'm not that kind of girl. I just want to see if he's more than some rude Alpha, and become friends with him. Who knows? Maybe I'll grow to like him. Though, because of that incident with Ethan, I'm not even sure if he wants to see me anymore.

Why did Ethan have to come around when he did? Why is it that the moment I feel some happiness, it is torn away from me? Can I never truly find peace with my life?

I sure hope that's not the case. Especially with the thought of how my mother is probably waiting for the right time to attack. Whenever her presence is in the room with me, it's like I can feel her itch to hit me. I didn't even do anything, she just does it because she can.

Which is something I can never confess to anyone, especially Hunter. I can't tell him about my mother's abuse. She may be a horrid person but she's the last chance I have of ever having family. Hunter's wolf would kill her himself without a second thought. As much as I hate her, a small part of me needed her. Even if I may never be happy with her, she could also be the chance I have of finding my father. Maybe if I explain that I'm human he'll care for me unlike my mother.

I made promise before I fell asleep that I would find out who my father was. He might be my only other chance I get at having a real family.

~

Sometime in the night Ethan had come out of the restroom. He laid beside me on the bed and thankfully slept far from me. He didn't touch me and I didn't touch him. I liked that

I had to, though I didn't want to, wake up from my sweet dreams that next morning. I lift my head from the pillow to look directly into the brown eyes of Ethan. I jump back, my eyes widening when I nearly fall off the bed. I caught onto the headrest, pulling myself up to sit upright.

I glare at the serious Ethan. He wore no expression, nor any emotion in his eyes. He looked like a statue to me.

"You can stop staring like that. I'm not going to attack you," he says, raising himself up as well. He sat up on the bed looking at me as we both crossed our legs. "Why do you resist me so much? What did that guy from yesterday mean to you?" he asks. This time his eyes did hold an emotion; hurt.