20

Happy Reading :)

Third P. O. V.

It's been a week since Mansha and Shourya saw each other for real, he kept calling her now and then, twice or thrice a day but she would always make up something.

For the last couple of days, when he was free, he called her five times a day to talk but she would avoid all the calls in all the possible ways. Tired of which, she even switched off her cell phone only to receive calls on the landline.

He wanted to know every single thing related to her just the way he wanted to her everything related to himself. He knew she is the one when his heart skipped a beat just as soon as he saw her photograph in his email; when he couldn't sleep after he heard her voice.

She worked in an organization but still calling wasn't her thing. Yes, she made tons of call every day but everything was related to her work. She would answer in 'yes' or 'no' or 'I'm in the kitchen', or 'I'm with mom' or 'I'm with Tara' or 'I will call you back in a while' something along the lines, to his questions and somehow disconnect the call. But that 'in a while' will never pass and she won't call back.

Just the beginning of something beautiful and definitely he was not interested in screwing up anything but her voice was a drug for his heart and ears. He bought every excuse she sold him until now.

"Mansha, can we do skype call?"

"Right now?" She whispered.

"Yes, I can't sleep and it's been so long since we met." He stuttered.

"It is like 12 am and don't you- have a meeting to attend in morning?" She yawned and rubbed her eyes as she pulled back the phone and checked time.

"Well, I have 10 hours before it and I've made my presentation and- yes, that's all. So can we?" And rolled to his right-hand side and plugged in headphones.

"Uh- good?"

"Yes, so can we do skype call now?" He pleaded.

"Shourya?"

"Is that a..."

"No! Don't take me in a wrong way but-"

"Please?"

"Shourya, please listen. Our families haven't made anything official. please let us not rush into things." As words slipped from her mouth, she regretted immediately.

"hmm..... ok... as you say." He said as the words sank into his mind.

"I'm... Shourya.... please..." if she could, she would have taken her words back. But it was too late to do any of that.

"What?" he asked angrily.

"Don't hang up."

"Why?" He asked.

"Because I want to talk."

"But you just-"

"I know, I just said all that but trust me, every word was measured. I didn't say any of that to hurt you but-- but to save both of us." She paused calculating the risk of what might come next before letting any word out of her mouth.

"Look Mansha, our families said yes and all I'm asking is for a skype call.; had our families weren't interested in getting us married, my parents wouldn't be giving me your phone number to let me talk to you." He let out a frustrated sigh after finishing his words.

She was still under sheets, "wait a minute," she said and placed her phone on her bedside table then sat up and switched on the black vintage lamp sitting on her bedside table, climbed out of bed and locked the door. She rubbed her face and ran her hands through her hair. Knowing there is no way she would be doing any skype call, she still wanted to look fresh so sleep won't walk back to her soul. walking back to bed, she picked up her phone and sat in between the sheets, pulling her blanket to her waist and adjusted pillow to her back.