8

Happy Reading :)

Third P.O.V.

Mansha was distraught as much as she was happy knowing she won't have to face Dev anymore, she was distraught with only the thoughts where would this argument and slap will lead her to with her family. Yes, thankfully they are still seeing each other and she is not engaged with him.

Sid knew it wasn't his place to handle any of the matter. Mansha explained everything to Sid on the ride back to her place, he tried to console her but she explained how she wanted some time away from everything and she can handle herself.

She knew she can't but also Sid can be her weakness at the moment. So after reaching her place, Sid took his stuff and went to Adi's place.

Adi's P.O.V.

Sid was standing with his belongings on the gate. So I just let him in with me. It was already too late to bicker over anything let alone on our stupidity.

All I want to do was to crash in my bed and so I did.

--------------------------------------------------

Gladly party was on Saturday evening so, we got whole Sunday to spend in bed, play and enjoy; and so we did it.

The whole day, we either ate or played "Battlefield", ate pizzas, burgers and slept.

Later in the night, we went for a walk.

"Mum and dad were asking me about you and your girlfriend," Sid said while breaking the calm silence.

"Why?"

"They were just curious if anything was serious between you two birds." He said with a chuckle in the end.

"What did you say?"

"I told them, she is cheating on you but you are blind to see that."

"You knew it?" I was shocked with calmness in his voice.

"Everyone knew it. She was using you for money and everything else."

"Why no one told me?" I stopped in my tracks, shocked with what he told me. Everyone knew about it? Still, no one told me.

"Oh no. Don't be like that. Mia and I did our best to tell you but you were head over heels for her just like for every other girl you were." He retorted calmly.

"Don't talk like that about my exes to me as if all of them-"

"Used you? Because you let them and I'm not talking about all of them. I'm talking only about your last few girlfriends." He completed my words with some additional words to voice my thoughts.

It is true after my first two serious breakups I became something I wasn't meant to be but when dad found out what I was doing behind his back and in name of love. He beat the shit out of me, I was boycott by the whole family and was grounded for a month.

Since that scene, I got into 4 more relationships and found out they were either using me or were taking revenge on behalf of their friends. I always trusted everyone easily even when they don't deserve it. Screw, what's done is done, I can't undo anything. So, just gonna live with it.

Shrugging the topic off, we walked a bit more and had ice-creams. Yes, ice-creams because we both are crazy nutcases who lost their minds at times. At times we take midnight trips to have ice-creams.

After finishing our ice-creams we walked back to home, taking a long way. I love this calm, soothing silence and he really respects these things though we both are polar opposite in behavior still we are brothers so some things are same and one another respect that about another person.

Then we both jumped into our beds and slept away.

I drove both of us to office and we are already late. Big thanks to my lazy ass brother.

Last evening wasn't that bad. We chit chatted for a while and ordered some from Domino's. We both are hungry creatures with the elephant in the pit of our stomach, so 2 large pizzas with garlic bread sticks weren't enough. I had some leftover from morning too.

We discussed party and he was still mad at me for what I did to him. But I don't apologize. We will get over that eventually.

Today I'm gonna collect all the pictures from the reception desk if they won't be able to find out mine.

I got all the work along with my photographs and in the common box, there were none. They recognized me pretty well. I feel as if I'm a famous person because on my walk to my cabinet because everyone praised my arrangements. I'm happy. Rest of the pics must have got distributed to the owner's desk safely. And those which won't be recognized will be kept in the box on reception from there you can sort out your photographs.

I got emails from higher authorities last night. I just need to see whether they are happy or not. Walking into my cabinet, I put my bag on the desk and plopped down into my chair. There are more than 50 office emails with the common subject of the party.

I dug into them and everyone praised my arrangements and all the writing work. I Pat my back myself, I'm proud of my work. I slumped back into my chair.

The envelope was lying on my desk. I tore it open. There were 10 photographs including one of me when I entered, two when I was looking at the work, two with Mia, two with colleagues and one with Sid.

There were two more but they are of room flooded with guests and light focusing on a couple. These two pics must be taken from the first floor of ballroom because they look miniature. But why would he give me these two photographs to me?

Hold on.

Is it?

Oh crap!

That pair is none other than me and that girl. We were standing in the corner as the light was shining on us only. I know it was from that moment when I looked at her and she wanted to go. No one can say that but I remembered it accurately. I'm gonna thank my buddy for photographs.

I placed back all photographs in the envelope and then in my bag safely. These are the only things I have of her.

I was scared to give writing work to anyone without talking to them but this person seriously had something which fascinated me and how accurately she described. Mia took responsibility and I'm happy she finally found someone who could do the best work for me. I need to meet this person and thanks her personally for saving my ass and Mia's on the last moment.

We have a vacancy for the writer here, maybe we can hire that person. After all a new project is going to begin next week and I need writer to go around with me and if that will work out no one can stop me from being the head of the marketing department though I am already head but then I just have to boss around, travel and teach others about my work.

-----------

First half day went pretty fast and I told Mia about everything. As in those emails and I need to meet the writer. She smiled and promised me that she will tell me about her and I can thanks to her personally. I'm going to take her to lunch or dinner if possible because what she did wasn't small it saved me.

And rest of the day went by in work and research.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to vote and share.

For small posts, short stories and quotes, I have page on instagram.

Instagram: wallflowersg

Stay safe and happy. Stay tuned... :) ;)

Updates on every Monday as per IST:)