16

Happy Reading :)

Third P. O. V.

"Mansha!" Meena screamed from the bottom of the staircase.

"Yes, Ma." Still smiling Mansha looked at angry mother and she couldn't understand what she did now to get her mad at her.

"Why didn't you tell me you were going out to meet Shourya? Why not?"

Rose slipped from her hands as she shivered of the voice of her mother.

"Who gave you that rose?" Mother demanded.

"Shourya." She answered as a lump formed in her throat. Her mother gestured in demand to come down in the living room.

"You guys said yes for the marriage and us-"

"Your mother-in-law is mad at us." Mother said.

"But he told her before meeting me and his mother said yes."

Mother smiled at her stupid and slow processing daughter.

"He said yes!" Mansha screamed as truth drowned at her and her mind processed how her mother used 'mother-in-law' smartly instead of "Shourya's mother."

Mansha jumped from sofa to hug her mother in the process getting her finger pricked by the thorn of rose which by mistake must not have got cut off.

Tara squealed from the kitchen and jumped to hug them.

Just on the cue, Meena's phone rang again. She excused and pick without looking at the caller id.

"Is Mansha alright? Is she happy?" Panicked Asha (Shourya's mother) asked.

"Oh yes! She is happy. She said yes! But what happened? Why are you so panicked?" Meena asked.

"She wasn't picking up her phone, so he got bit scared," Asha answered with a chuckle in the end.

"Her phone must be in her room. She just ran downstairs after hearing that he said yes." Mother covered up everything that happened the other way resulted with a flustered Mansha smiling to herself and Tara bringing in bandaid to cover up the fresh cut.

After getting that small wound cover up, she ran to her room, finding her phone exactly where she left on her study table in her room. She clicked the home button only to see flashing notification of 5 missed calls from Shourya.

She returned calls only to listen he denied her call.

She just learned how he said yes for her but still her call was denied left her in confusion but all of it made sense when he called her just in next second and apologised but said in continuation that how she must just leave a missed call on his phone and he will return all the calls no matter what. This was new and she found herself smiling like an idiot and a blush crept on her cheeks at the fact how sweet he was being.

They talked a bit more about how his family would love to meet her finally and officially and he reassured her that she can wear a dress if she wants to as his family won't mind at all but he would love to know if she can go out for dinner with him the very night which will follow the day marking their first meeting as new friends. He made it clear too that no rituals will be performed until their family won't meet formal and informally like over a dinner or so.

She said she can't say yes without asking her mother his time. She is already mad that I went out to meet you without informing her after all this is more like family thing not only about two people. He respected and answered it is good to know girls still think to ask their parents before going out. He would rather let her family make a choice and after that, they can decide when, when and how to meet over which she questioned, "What do you mean by how?"

"If I'm not wrong, we will going out for date and if that is the case, I would love to pick you." He answered with a smile, she could sense through phone and her heart skipped a beat.

"So that means I can pick whatever I want to wear?" She asked cautiously.

"Of course." Confusion was palpable in his eyes as she let go of her breath while waiting for the response.

"Why would you ask that?" Shourya asked after she thanked him.

"Just curious. You know- people- uh- tell each other what to wear and what not to. At least in the beginning." She answered after weighing every word she spoke.

"Oh. No, it doesn't work that way with me. Wear whatever you are comfortable in and don't forget to let me know whatever your family decides because you can't show up at a date without your partner?"

"Really? I didn't know about that."

"How come?"

"I prefer to go by myself." She chuckled proudly.

"Oh, so I don't have to show up after calling you over dinner?"

"That is so not of a gentleman trait. You can stand me up at a date just like that." She answered in a low tone.

"Ouch. I'm sorry. Forgot I'm the man in here."

"Well, she that is what partners are for to remind you what you forget. Don't we?"

"Truly. I'm glad to meet you." He mocked her and she returned his words with a smile and he smiled followed with a laughter back at her.

Tara knocked on door and mouthing, 'Mumma is waiting for you downstairs' and left.

She bid her goodbye and smile, stuck upon her lips, which wasn't ready to leave. Her mother sensed how happy Mansha is after a long time as she bumped into couch still zoned in her daydreams.

Her mother cleared her throat making a sound indicating there are people present in the room apart from herself.

She blushed over the fact that everyone might know what was she thinking.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Jet lag and sore muscles pulled Ana and Adi in slumber which didn't wear off till night but bellboys knew this is only true for Adi not for Ana who was continuously finding a way to reach to Adi that she started using room phone to call him constantly that Adi had to take the wire out of phone and had to call receptionist not to let Ana in his room no matter what and if possible call him personally to forward message and let him sleep.

Receptionist, manager, and bellboy were having their fun through all of this bickering and bellboys were paid extra to keep Ana away whenever will be asked.

Soon, sleep and tiredness slide away like never happened and the view from their windows was mesmerizing with only trees in front, cars going at different speeds, swimming pool at their feet and so many people trying to find their way but looked more like aunts. Nothing like Ana saw anything like that but then again, every place has their own stories and views will always differ no matter how much similar views are.

Adi finally came out of his room for dinner and asked Ana to come with him but all the energy, she wasted after landing in New Delhi and adjusting in her room, while calling Adi resulted in slumber she was drowning in right now.

Adi was relieved to know that finally after at least 2 days, he will be having his dinner in silence and with happiness.

Only it lasted for long, Sid sent over 100 pics on his WhatsApp.

All he could understand was Mia and Sid are having way more fun than he could ever dream of.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to vote and share.

For small posts, short stories and quotes, I have page on instagram.

Instagram: wallflowersg

Stay safe and happy. Stay tuned... :) ;)

Updates on every Monday as per IST:)