7

Happy Reading :)

(While back in ballroom)

Walking back inside the ballroom he kept his head down and eyes on her. He wanted to ask her about to remove her mask but wasn't able to pull himself to do so.

All he was capable of was to mesmerize the way she crinkled her forehead while struggling to think of something, the way how her lips curled up as he mentioned something sweet or she thought something was funny. The way she trusted him as she already knows his innocent thoughts and intentions.

They stood together enjoying each other's silence in such crowded ballroom with the high volume of music that won't be good for their ears if they will go anymore nearer to the speakers.

It was quiet peaceful inside making them peaceful outside too.

But soon enough they weren't peaceful inside at all when Mansha moved away, waving her hand in his face to let him know that she needs to go because shouting over music was definitely not a good idea.

He shrugged his shoulders letting her know that he wasn't happy for her going away but her frown was enough to let him understand that she is not his girl that he will not be able to stop her from going away, so he just let her go away.

It was more like they had this silent agreement of not telling each other about their real identity.

Soon they separated their ways towards their partners.

'Damn!' was the only thing his mind could bring up. There was some sort of knowingly unknown feelings that were making their way in his heart leaving him half irritated.

That feeling of summersault in your stomach that comes with the first look. Boy, you can't control it.

His stomach grumbled, and he made his way through people when someone tapped his shoulder.

'Tonight so many people are tapping my shoulder, not bad. Right?' He thought to himself.

Turning around he looked at Mia who was smirking as if she knew something.

He pulled her by her arm through the pool of people to where food stalls were.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Adi's P. O. V.

I think she was hungry too because next thing I know was, she was hovering over stalls checking what she wants. We quickly started filling up our plates with food and digging in with whatever we both had.

This is the best thing about Mia she always piles up her plate with the stuff I don't have on my plate so that we can share-- well that's our mantra for parties.

After filling up our stomachs we were ready to leave when Mia excused herself for the washroom and we decided to meet in the parking lot by my car.

I stood around the gate with a wish to see that girl again. I'm such a fool. How I wasn't able to think to ask her about herself. I mean like screw everything; I even couldn't ask her name.

That's the thing about living in the present, you just don't want to think about future and when it comes about such great companion, you just don't want to ruin your present and intrude their privacy.

Too bad. She is either inside the ballroom or gone home because by now quite a number of people are leaving, one-by-one with their partners.

I can't notice who is under which mask but everyone looked so stunning.

Mia joined me after a while as soon as I reached the parking lot. She was walking closer to me as she wore her overcoat back. Those eyes, dark chocolate brown colored hair were floating in my mind.

That stranger was so sweet, shy, and strong in all the right senses. I'm just hoping she just stay safe wherever she will be.

Unlocking my car I opened passenger's seat for Mia to slide in and then mine. Soon she made herself comfortable in the car as she held her overcoat in her arm and switching warmer on.

We drove in peaceful silent and a bit of chitchat. Talking about everything and nothing. We kept our conversation simple and short because we both were spent enough to just roll in bed and forget everything for later.

Dropping her at her place I drove to mine.

Sid was waiting for on the gate for me to let him enter. I guess, I'm done with being childish so I let him in too.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Things followed from dropping Mia at her place, were in hurry and blurred because all I know right now is that I'm in my pj's, in my bed, wrapped up, in my sheets.

I can't move. At. All.

My body is tired from the entire dance and my mind is tired of that beauty.

I doubt if I'll ever get to talk to her. It's Sunday, finally! So no office, no extra work or any other meeting to deal with, for that matter of fact.

All the pictures will be distributed in office, which certainly means everyone will pick their photograph from the reception box as it will be difficult to find out the owner of the photograph.

Recognized photographs are always packed in envelopes and are placed at the respective desk of their owners and remaining are placed in the box at reception so you can find out your photographs and handle them.

All necessary photographs are already uploaded on the Facebook and on Twitter with necessary updates.

I need to collect my photographs tomorrow, which certainly will be on my desk by the time I will reach.

I'm in a mood to take rest for as long as I could. I'm single so it won't hurt. But because I'm schedule bounded so my body is not going to take any more rest, I will try to take later.

I untangled myself from the sheets and as every day I'm going to start my beautiful day with jogging and then I will think how to spend my day, wisely.

Though I'm thinking to take Mia for lunch because I've been an arse to her because of that cheater. I never understood this thing, that if you are already in a relationship then how could you jump to another person- in presence of the first one? If you feel like you are done with first, why don't you leave them and move on to next?

I just don't like this kind of people. Well forget it, these questions will always gonna remain unanswered. It's a beautiful day, I should plan out on how to ask Mia to come on a lunch with me but only after a good jog and some rest.

-------------------------------------------------------------

#960 in Romance 

Don't forget to vote and share.

For small posts, short stories and quotes, I have page on instagram.

Instagram: wallflowersg

Stay safe and happy. Stay tuned... :) ;)

Updates on every Monday as per IST:)