Chapter 19 - Sand monster

A/N: I already posted chap 19, but then decided to rewrite it. I hope you like it, and please, let me know either way. 

Chapter 19 – Choke on words

The next song is Demons by Imagine Dragons, and no surprise there – it’s dedicated to our lovely Madison. We hope you have an amazing night. Enjoy the song!

I gasped for air as I was nearly choking on the small sip of water. Howard quickly stood up and patted me on the back. I coughed, eyes big and face red like a tomato. “Your death wasn’t on the list, so stop,” Howard chuckled. I was finally feeling better, to prove it, I punched him in the shoulder.

“It’s not funny!” I placed the cup down and crossed my arms. “I could’ve easily choked on this.”

He threw his hands up in defense. “Seems your prince charming has to learn how to handle the ladies without getting them killed. By the way, shouldn’t Evan and…”

“Ramona,” I said, raising my eyebrow at Howard’s previous comment.

“-Right, that chick, be here?” Just when had asked the question, I heard someone at the door. “Must be them.” I nodded, grabbed the camera from the table and jogged to the door which I opened.

“So you’re the famous Madison,” Ramona was leaning against the doorframe, eyes twinkling. Her hair was a mixture of dark pink and purple, eyes olive green. She was wearing a pink and black striped long-sleeved shirt and black jeans that matched her leather boots. “Nice to meet you.” Her eyes wandered past me and stopped on Howard. “Oh my, Lilly’s brother?” She bit her lip.

“Yeah,” Howard smirked, sliding his hand on my hip. He stepped closer to me, I felt his breath on my neck and quivered. “You must be-“

“Ramona,” she quickly added, not noticing how close Howard was to me, and kept flirting.

“-Right, that chick,” he nodded. “So, where’s our boy Evan?” I tried to push his hand off my hip, but it only made him tighten the grip. I winced, why are you doing this?

“Oh, he’s waiting at the lake…the beach. Ready to go swimming and stuff,” Ramona sweetly smiled. “Um, I think we should complete task one. Girls in boy clothes and the other way around.”

“Sure,” I stepped aside, making Howard stumble, but he still didn’t let go of me. I let Ramona come in. She walked to the kitchen, grabbing a snack. “Howard, I think we need your clothes,” I hissed at him, hoping he’d back away.

“Anything for you, babe,” he smirked as he turned to face me. His eyes were so piercing I had to look away.

“Seriously? You’re calling me babe?” I shook my head, rolling my eyes. “Get over yourself and find us something to wear.” Looking disappointed because I didn’t go along with his little act, Howard dragged himself to his room.

After Ramona was dressed in Howard’s clothes, it was time for me to change my style.

“I think we should swap our clothes,” Howard pointed out. “For fun.” He shrugged his shoulders, a hopeful glint in his eyes, grin playing on his lips.

“Don’t flatter yourself. You’ll never fit in my jeans,” I shook my head and sat down on his bed. Ramona excused herself, saying she was extremely hungry, and went to the party room where most of the food was.

“Okay, but your shirt seems big enough,” he said, eyeing me from head to toe. I buried my face in my hands.

“Why are you making it so difficult,” I mumbled. “Ugh, fine.” I stood up and turned my back to him. Quickly I remover my baggy tee and threw it to him. “Now it’s your turn.” I didn’t bare to look, not even steal a slight glance, I kept my eyes on the bed when a shirt landed in front of me on the blanket. I pulled it on, the sleeves were a bit too long, but I liked the feel of it on me. I turned around. “Take Lilly’s skirt or something. Because, honestly, my jeans are too short for you,” I said, staring at Howard who was wearing my tee. I snorted. “It fits you.”