Chapet 7 - Resistible ?

I'm so sorry I haven't posted a new chapter, but here it is, though it's really-really short. I'm so sorry. It's been so busy at school and...Again, I hope you forgive me. I'll do my best at posting new chapters. Hope you like it,

Chapter 7

“No, I told Joe I was sorry,” I shook my head, looking down at the ground. Jenna frowned, trying to understand what he was going through as in why was he acting like that. “I mean, I really thought it was about me and Jace, but he didn’t accept my apology.” I shrugged my shoulders and stopped at my locker.

“It has to be something bigger,” she nodded, a suspicious look glistening in her eyes. She looked scary. George had disappeared as well as Joe, but the two of them were not hanging out. “I’m gonna ask George. He might know something.”

I was starting to feel like a private investigator, which I wasn’t. But examining every little thing and detail, every word that had been said, it made me feel a part of C.S.I. or whatever else. Best friends can’t just stop being best friends. It’s against the laws!

Jace was going to be in my math class. I wanted to make sure there was nothing going on with us, but I kind of wanted to have some company since Joe wasn’t willing to speak to me.

“Listen, Jace, I really need to ask you a favour,” I started shyly, trying to avoid eye contact. He half-frowned. “Can we not speak to each other for a while? I need to sort some things out, and us being friends is only making everything more complicated.”

It took a while for him to speak. “Of course,” he nodded. “I think it’ll be a good idea.” With those words, I walked away from him, satisfied with myself that I had done great. I hadn’t chickened out and now was time to find out what was bothering Joe - really bothering him.

By lunch I was more than excited to get to Joe. Figuring out what to do, Jenna landed on the chair across the table. It was the first time we had sat like this.

“So, I talked to George,” Jenna began while stabbing her food with the fork, not quite wanting to eat. I bit my lip. I was really nervous about what was coming next. “Turns out it’s not just Jace, but that was all he said.” I nodded to myself, analyzing what that could mean. “I guess there’s more than you and Jace, and we need to figure it out ASAP.”

After school, I was waiting for mum to pick me up at the parking lot, but she was nowhere to be seen. I sighed and leaned against the tree, when I was interrupted.

“Thinking about our good times?” Howard smirked and joined in.

I rolled my eyes. “Of course, how can I not think about you!” I said in a sweet voice.

“Yeah, I can see how much you miss me,” he raised his eyebrows and pressed his lips together. I could say he was flirting or trying to make my self-esteem go high up and then bring it down in a second afterwards. It wouldn’t surprise me if he was just playing with me.

“No, you can’t. The miss is deep in my heart and soul, killing me and yet here you are, now everything seems complete and the world is once again brighter,” I spoke dreamily and turned to look at him. My heart stopped for a brief moment, making me realize I did miss him in some weird way. He ran his finger through his messy sexy hair and I couldn’t help but drool.

I quickly shook my head to get out of the trans and pictured a bunny eating a carrot. That made me cool down again.

“Aw, don’t flatter me, darling. I know you want to rip my shirt off. That’s what you did last time.” A big smile appeared on his face while I had a flashback.

“The last time I kept my hands off you, ‘cause you’re just so resistible,” I pointed out and felt proud of myself that I hadn’t had nothing to do with his shirt. No, wait, I did drool over his looks and his looks included the shirt, so does it count? Is something really wrong with me and I can’t stay away from his shirts? I sincerely hope that’s not the case and I’m utterly normal.

“Oh, I’m resistible? You truly hurt my feelings, and I was trying so hard to be irresistible,” he shook his head slightly and looked at me from the corner of his eye, a smirk playing on his lips. “Didn’t those Disney movies have an influence on you last time?” 

“Mom?” I pushed myself away from the tree and walked closer to the car, opened the door and glanced over my shoulder. “I have to go, my carriage is here. I bet my prince is waiting for me back at the castle. Sorry, joker, but looks like you have to try harder.” I added a sweet innocent smile, got in and closed the door. I felt Howard’s eyes on me as mom drove off. I exhaled.

“Who was that? Your boyfriend?” Mom raised her eyebrow. I could tell she was worried.

“Just a joker, mom, just a joker…”