Chapter 6 - Disney princess

Sorry it's been so long. I'm having a writer's & a reader's block. It sucks! So the next chapters may be horrible or they may come late again. But I hope you like this one , (Y)

Chapter 6

“Joe?” I patted on his shoulder and he turned around, an annoyed look on his face. It scared me, but I gathered myself together. “Can I talk to you for a minute?” He was with the blonde girl whose partner he was.

“Sure,” he shrugged and excused himself. I walked a couple of feet away from his locker and stopped. Joe was following.

“Um, about,” I sighed, searching for the right words but I didn’t seem to find them. He was looking at me questioningly with his eyebrow raised. “Why have you been ignoring me?” I spilled it out.

He didn’t answer. I looked straight into his eyes that were usually glowing, but were now so empty. I bit my lips slightly to hold back tears.

“Was it me? Did I do something?” I asked sincerely, but his emotions didn’t change. I shook my head and rubbed my forehead. Then lifted my head to look in his eyes again.

“Why should I explain anything?” He said with disgust. A tear escaped my eye, I quickly let my hair fall on my face, so he wouldn’t see it.

“You don’t have to,” I muttered. He was obviously mad at me and I didn’t know what to do. “I just wanted to apologize for whatever I did. I’m sorry…I shouldn’t have come…Forget it.” I brushed his shoulder as passing and walked towards my next class. As soon as I’d disappeared from his view, I started running towards the ladies room. I bumped into someone, said a quiet ‘sorry’ and opened the door to lock myself away for a while.

I had been hiding for an hour, skipping class. I knew I had some explaining to do, but until then, I was ready to take the risk and yell at Joe. He didn’t have the right to treat me like this. Dammit, I was still his best friend, wasn’t I? Friends since god knows how long and now he’s just willing to throw that all away? Just like that, with a snap and it’d be like nothing happened. No, I wasn’t going to let him do that.

I ran towards his locker, again. This time he was alone, but the hall was crowded. I hoped no one would hear since they all were talking to each other and it was hard to know who said what.

“You bastard!” I pushed Joe with all the anger I had inside me. For a tiny girl like I was, I had quite some power in me. “Moron! It’s your fault!”

“Madison, what the heck?” He threw his hands up surrender as I pushed him again.

I held back tears, not wanting to burst in front of him. I wiped my nose with my sleeve and shook my head. “Why did you ignore me?” I looked him in the eye, confused. If he was going to say something I didn’t want to hear, I’d cause a scandal.

“I didn’t,” he said in a ‘duh’ tone. I bit the inside of my lip and dropped my eyes. Then when I lifted my head again, that blonde bimbo chick was next to Joe.

“You!” I pointed towards her. “Get the hell away from us!” Sending her death glares worked. She jumped and backed away. I turned my eyes on Joe again. “Don’t deny it. That just makes everything worse.” I pushed my messy hair off my face and continued, “You, you got paint all over me. You…didn’t sit with us at lunch. You didn’t care how I was doing…Dammit, I was scared!”

“Of what?” He frowned and rolled his eyes. “A scary monster in your closet? For your information, they don’t exist.” He leaned closer.

“No! Stop the sarcasm,” I ordered, gesturing with my hands. “I was scared of losing you, you egoistic idiot! She-“ I pointed towards the blonde, “got all the attention. Because of her, you forgot me! And let me remind you, I am your best friend! Starting to remember, huh?”