Chapter 13 - The First

A/N: I'm soo excited for this chapter. I hope you like it. I got so caught up in it, that I just...don't know how to explain this. How do you like the new cover ?

Chapter 13 – Hold my hand

Hm, so Lilly was the name of George’s girl. She looked so familiar. I tilted my head to the side while I kept thinking where I had seen her before. My impression of Howard’s sister had always been the same – in my eyes, she had been a freakshow, but now, she was so different and natural, nothing like the hippy chick she was, or the emo girl. Lilly was so pure and natural.

“So, Madison, are you?” Jenna waved her hand in front of my face. I jumped and turned towards her. What were they talking about, again? Without considering the options, I automatically nodded. “Here it goes.” Suddenly I stood up and excused myself by saying I was thirsty. They shrugged their shoulders and continued the game they had just started.

I slowly walked downstairs and looked for a glass so I could drink a sip of water as my throat was dry. I heard footsteps follow me. I rolled my eyes, thinking it was Howard, but it wasn’t, it was George.

“I wanted to talk to you,” he said. I admit, I got a little suspicious. He wanting to talk to me was kind of new. “It’s about that misunderstanding. You know, when Joe was really upset and so were you.” Huh? Why would you bring that up?

“Okay,” I agreed and sat down at the kitchen counter gulping down some water. George looked unsure.

“Yeah, that was all because of me. Joe was just trying to cover for me and Lilly, and I guess he got so caught up with it, that soon he found you by Jace’s side,” he continued , rubbing the back of his head. “He ad Lilly did a project together or something, and that’s when I noticed her. I guess it’s all my fault that you got into a fight in the first place.” He sighed and shook his head slightly. “If I had known that your little – whatever – fight would last that long, then…I, um, might have even sacrificed my relationship with Lilly.”

“Wow,” was all I could say. “I don’t think that was it. I think there’s more to it. I mean…” Damn, was I confessing? To George!? What the hell had gone into me? “I think I have feelings for Joe.” George snorted. “..but I’m not sure!” I quickly added. Finally, when I had said it out, it seemed really convincing. But I had had those same thoughts two weeks ago. No, I had always had those thoughts.

“Well thank you, Captain Obvious!” George rolled his eyes at me and cleared his throat. “Do you know how many times we’ve discussed it with Jenna? Do you? But nobody here seems to admit anything, including me – like I said, I didn’t want to tell you about Lilly.”

“Um, am I suppose to thank you now?” I frowned. “Because it’s kind of uncomfortable to hear that you two discuss about my love life.” Taking another sip of my water, I sank down on my seat, feeling embarrassed.

“It would be nice, and polite,” George winked and laughed. “You should talk to Joe. I can cover for you if you want to.” He suggested, but I didn’t quite trust George. He was like my brother, an a-hole brother who kept annoying me.

“I don’t know,” I shook my head and looked shyly down. “He doesn’t feel the same way. I mean, he can’t. That’s impossible.”

A sudden thump shut me up. I noticed George was gone and there was a silhouette standing in the doorway. How long have been in deep thought?

“I missed you,” a husky voice pleaded, coming closer with every step.

Howard.

I stood up and walked to the sink where I gently washed the glass and put it away. “Really? Well I didn’t,” I answered carelessly and leaned again the sink, facing him.