Chapter 6

Will stood still for a moment, gaping at the body that had now fallen near his feet, blood gushing out from the head. He was brought out of his trance as the others yelled at the assassin. Will's eyes followed the man, who made a run for the door as the others ran behind him as fast as they could. After a moment's pause, Will realized what was happening and made a run towards the assassin, shooting one last look at the body.

Will caught up with the others as the man made his way towards the elevator. The elevator door opened with a ding and right when he was going to jump him, Chris landed in front of him and pointed his gun towards the assassin, stopping him dead on his tracks.

"Don't move or I will blow your brains out!" Chris said in the most threatening voice he could muster.

The assassin looked him up and down and realized that he was a boy. Chris tried to hold the gun firmly in his hand, but the nervousness got the better of him, as his hand shivered. The assassin, realizing this, edged closer to Chris.

"Hey! Don't move!" Eleanor shouted from behind but the assassin had something else on his mind.

Chris held the gun tighter in his hand, as he took an aim at the assassin. Before Chris could pull the trigger, the assassin rammed his elbow hard on his ribs as Chris hissed in pain, and snatched the gun from his hand. He pointed the gun to Chris' head and Chris kneeled down, still hissing in pain.

Will and two other policemen drew their guns out as the edged closer, gun pointed at the assassin. The assassin tightened his grip as he spoke,

"I swear to god if you guys come closer, I'll put a bullet in his head. Stay away you fools! I'm not bluffing. Come closer and he dies, just like Cole."

Will took a few steps back, not fully lowering his gun.

"Why are you doing this Mr. Shaw?

The assassin was none other than Ruben Shaw, a cop in the precinct. He had been working in with the team for the past 4 years. He had a good physique and an athletic body.

"Oh please shut up man! Your stupid mind games ain't gonna work with me." Shaw said with a sly smirk on his face.

"You and I both know I ain't giving away any information. So save yourself some effort and BACK OFF!" Shaw yelled as the brought the gun closer to Chris' head. Chris started to sweat profusely as fear took over.

Will gestured the cops to take a few steps back. Shaw smiled triumphantly.

"Good, now drop your weapons. DROP IT! NOW!"

Everyone lowered their guns slowly all the while looking at Shaw.

"Nooo! Please Will don't let this idiot get away! Please kill him! For my sister!" Chris pleaded. Before he could say anything, he was interrupted by a strong blow on his face. Blood started flowing out of his bruised lips and he spat it out.

"Oh shut up, drama queen!"

Ruben held Chris by his arm roughly and pulled him up, bringing him to stand in front of him as a shield from the cops. He held Chris in that position for a moment and pressed the elevator button and waited. Everyone looked at the scene with panic but little they could do.

Just when Ruben was entering the elevator, Rhodes popped out of nowhere and pointed his gun straight to his head.

"Drop the gun oldie or he dies." He said as he pulled Chris closer to him by his neck and chocking him.

Rhodes was hesitant to lower his gun. But he knew Shaw won't budge. He sighed and as he started to lower his gun, he aimed at Ruben chest and pulled the trigger. Before Ruben knew what had happened, he fell on the ground gasping for air as he held his chest where the bullet had hit him.