Ch.10 - Plan

A/N: Hope you all are enjoying the sequel! This might be finished soon so expect maybe five or more chapters. Hope to see you all in my next book featuring Guy of Gisborne once I finish with Comatose!

--

Alavar. The one I thought I had lost the day his own mother had failed to save him. He was brought into this cruel world at such a young age and I'm sure he didn't understand any of it. He didn't question why his mom had to constantly hide or why his own life was at risk. His understanding nature is what made things easy but without a proper life, it actually wasn't. He only knew his fathers name and telling him why Thorin wasn't around was the worst. I robbed Alavar of his childhood and oh Mahal... What type of things has he experienced over the years? What did he have to do to reach Thorin? How did he even get to him? Was I ever mentioned? None of this makes any sense and I hate it. All those weeks I spent, believing he was gone but he's been alright this entire time. My little boy is alive.

The light feeling I once held quickly vanishes and I suck in a breath. Alavar has gone missing. The first time was with me and after weeks, I had failed my search. Now his father is hunting him and Alavar was seen in the same place he was taken the first time. There's a somewhat hard tap on my shoulder and I return from my thoughts, for the third time. Dwalin towers over me from my spot on the log and his eyes are not pleased. I've been spacing out since last night and it's already early in the morning. We haven't had a second to rest and Dwalin has been coming up with a plan all night. My mind has been elsewhere, trying to process all this information about Thorin and Alavar. I feel pretty bad for not staying focused but this is like a blow to the head! All the pieces are starting to come together and Gandalf is way smarter than I took him for.

"Sorry." I mutter sheepishly and stare down at the diagram he created.

It's mostly just frustrated scribbles now and he's most likely given up on it. I don't blame him. The area we're in is vast and this is just one of the areas, that we've seen the hunters in. I've practically seen them everywhere which doesn't help. They know how to hide from the eyes of others and finding the leader, won't be easy. I would use the warmth in my mating bond, to play the hot or cold game but Thorin is never in the same spot for too long. I allow a yawn to escape and feel my eyes water at the increase in exhaustion.

"Do ye even care about finding him?" Dwalin sneers and he slams down the end of his weapon to the ground in frustration.

"Of course I care." I say in a rather low tone and dust off my trousers when I stand. "But we have no lead on where their location is. You've seen them here once but I've seen them everywhere. They don't go for the most easiest option so it could be days even weeks, before they show up again. I've dealt with these bastards a lot longer than you have s trust me on this."

Dwalin breathes in deeply as if to keep himself calm and he folds his arms over his chest. "Then what do ye suppose we do? I'm not allowing Thorin to stay there for that long."

I sigh and pull the cuff from my hair, letting the dark locks flow freely over my shoulder. "We keep heading for the Shire." Dwalin takes a step forward in protest but stops when I growl. "Thorin cares about his son more than anything, he would want us to get Alavar first near the Shire." My voice trails off in the end and it doesn't go unnoticed by the warrior in front of me. I clear my throat and regain my composure before it can fully slip away. "We'll most likely cross paths with those hunters along the way."

A heavy silence falls between us and I bite my lip nervously but not hard enough for it to bleed. Dwalin douses the small fire we had going and kicks up the dirt that held the diagram, until it looks normal. I eye the larger man curiously and raise my brows when he finishes up his actions.