A dreary sigh manifested as you looked downwards, your appetite quickly faltering. "The constant crowds were too much for me to handle; it felt like I was drowning in a sea of screaming people. I needed to find a quieter spot, so I walked to the back of the building in hopes to find a decent place to relax. It was all good until more of those screeching preteens found my little hidey hole. Needless to say, I tried to hide further down the hall until I realized I'd been boxed in by the security guards. I couldn't really leave, so I opted to hide some more. I stupidly decided to play on my phone and caused it to die, losing my only method of communication with Hailey. Then.... Well, you know the rest. I ran into the first door I could find and accidentally toppled into you." You gave a small chuckle, remembering how Dan had been knocked down. "Sorry about that by the way."

Dan was silent for a while, his dark eyes deep in thought. You hoped your unintentional bitterness hadn't given him the wrong impression of you. He was nice enough to let you snag some food, you didn't want him to think you were ungrateful of anything. It was quite the opposite; you were so thankful for the chance to eat, especially since these little sandwiches were so good. These Youtubers seemed to have an amazing set up going for them. Must be nice.

"Do you need to borrow a charger?"

You jumped with a start, not expecting him to say anything. "Ah, sorry w-what?"

He smirked as he rummaged through his pockets until he managed to pull out a charger, the exact one that matched your phone brand. Your eyes went wide as you eyed the black cord, unsure if you should take the offer immediately. Dan began to swing the charger around absentmindedly, eyeing you curiously. "If you need one, you can borrow mine if you'd like. Same brand, I assume?"

You gave a dull nod, your mouth slightly agape as you pulled your phone from your back pocket. You examined your phone then the charger in his hands. Just as he had said, it was the exact same brand. You cautiously took the cord in your hands, slotting the end into the charging port. Perfect fit. You felt a smile creep onto you lips until it broke away into a full out cheshire cat grin. The warm feeling of gratitude flowed through you, wrapping itself around your body in a tender embrace. "Thank you so much, Dan! I- this is great!!" You sighed with relief as things seemed to be looking up for you finally. "Seriously, thank you so much."

Dan cocked his head sideways when he heard how genuine you sounded. This was the first time he had seen you open up to him in these few short minutes. No awkward nervousness, random spillage of tears or sudden bitter shifts, It was the real you, the down to earth girl who was chill as a cucumber. Seemingly happy with himself, he flashed you a wide smile, his eyes crinkling into crows' feet as cute little dimples appeared on his face. When you looked over, your breath momentarily caught in your throat. He looked so... endearing? Was that the right word? You gave a shy nod, letting out an accidental squeak. That's weird, you've never done that before.

Seemingly oblivious to your squeak, he gave a nod towards a wall. "There's probably an electrical plug somewhe-' You heard a loud bang as the entrance door swung open, the two large guards from before standing in the doorway. Their eyes scanned the room, void and cold as winter stones. Their feet shuffled forward, your floor fries from before quickly becoming squished victims under the heavy, clunky shoes.  The one guard leaned into his walkie talkie, offering a conformation and signaled for his buddy to follow him inside. Upon seeing the two familiar faces, you visibly flattened yourself behind Dan, trying your best to remain hidden. Dan looked down at you warily as he seemingly put two and two together.

You quickly looked towards the men, careful not to lock eyes with them before turning to Dan again. You quietly hissed in the brit's direction, "Those are the guards who saw me before, they must've wondered where I went when the large crowd suddenly formed. I-I didn't mean to come into restricted parts on purpose, I just wanted to get away..." You whispered to yourself quietly, audibly cursing up a storm "Shit, shit, shit! What am I going to do?!"