Cutting Logan off my mom said, "Nonsense, call me Melissa."

"Thank you Mrs. Melissa." When she finally turned back to her book I grabbed Logan's hand and yanked him upstairs.

Shoving him into my room I slammed the door behind me, letting my back hit it. "I thought she'd never shut up."

"So Logan's coming over for dinner huh? This is a step in your relationship." I jumped at the sound of Jordans voice, forgetting that he was still here.

"You know it. Leaving a good impression on her parents is number one on my list of getting a girl to like me." My heart pounded in my chest a little and Jordan made quick eye contact with me, brief enough that Logan didn't pick it up.

It was only around 11 am, but I yawned and crashed on to my bed.

"How can you be tired Day?" I cracked an eye open, just enough to glare at Logan and silently tell him I'm trying to sleep. He put his hands up in surrender, "I'm just saying. You slept all night."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Let me sleep." I snuggled into the pillow and closed my eyes. For the first time since five in the morning, when I did, I didn't see any flashes of Cooper, or my parents yelling at me. I found myself drifting off.

~~~~~

"Alright man I've got to go. My sister's home and she wants me back before dinner." Jordans voice woke me up and I glanced at the alarm clock on my nightstand.

Red numbers reading 5:18 blinked back at me and I shot up.

"5:18?? Why didn't you guys wake me up?!" Since I just woke up, my voice was still heavily laced with sleep and I couldn't open my eyes more than half way.

Jordan was half way out the door when he turned around and smirked at me sudden realization that I had just slept half the day.

Logan was leaning against the wall with him sweatshirt pushed up to his elbows, and his arms crossed, "Evening Sleeping Beauty."

I picked up my pillow and threw it at him, but he caught it and threw it right back at me.

However, I was not fast enough to catch it and it hit me square in the face.

Both the boys erupted into unnecessary laugher and I just rubbed my face mumbling, "Jerks," under my breath.

"Well I'll be heading out. Give me a call if you need anything else." Jordan exited my room, closing the door behind him.

I swung my legs over the edge of my bed and jumped off heading towards my dresser.

Pulling out a gray sweatshirt and black Nike spandex, I headed towards the bathroom and turned on the shower. I cranked the dial all the way to hot and gave a satisfied smile when the steam rose to the ceiling.

"I'm taking I shower! I'll be right out!" I yelled over the water to Logan.

"I figured as much!" He yelled back to me and I shut the door and locked it.

I started to undress so I could take a shower, when I noticed for the first time how messy my nails were. Six out of the ten were chipped and jagged, and eight out of ten, had chipped nail polish on them.

I located the bottle of nail polish remover and set it on the counter so I could remember to grab it later.

Placing one foot in after another I let my body get used to the hot water, and let it melt my worries away.