Chapter 12

(Yo yo yo wassup? <I hate myself but whatever its all good. Anyways I'm super hyped right now and oof it's great so this A/N is just me talking to you guys. Anyways hope you like this chapter! Love you all! 😘❤)

Laser tag ended and my team had won 482-342.

Yeah we dominated Logan's team. The game only had a few seconds left so we called a truce as we waited for the doors to open.

Logan was still super salty about what I did to him earlier and set out to get me for the whole game, but as I had said, I was a pro at this game.

"Woohoo! Way to go Daytona!" The girl named Marissa came running up and gave me a hug.

We started to become friends when Mark had snuck up on her but I shot him before he could hit her.

Her red hair bounced behind her as she wrapped her arms around me. "Thanks." I laughed a little when we almost fell.

"Yeah, good job Day." I spun around at Logans voice.

"Oh um thanks. Good game." I stuck my hand out for him to shake it, but instead he pulled me into him.

His voice was barely a whisper in my ear. "You've just stared a war, and this isn't over." He let me go and walked away.

His tone was harsh, but had an undertone of playfulness in it.

I was left standing there confused when the double doors opened and everyone but me walked out.

We decided to invite Mark, Jenny, Marissa, Seth, and Rebecca out to lunch with us, and since there would be a lot of us, we decide to go to a pizza place.

Ironically enough everyone wanted to try out the new underground pizza place that opened last week.

We left Laser Point and instead of walking with Logan to his car, I headed towards Jake and his car.

"Come on Daytona, let's go." Logan grabbed my arm and started to pull me the other direction, towards his Stingray.

"Um I'm going to ride with Jake actually. See you at the pizza place." I blew him a kiss and ripped my arm out of his grasp.

Everyone stood there in a stunned moment of silence looking at me walk away.

I opened Jake's passenger door and got into the car, shutting it behind me.

Jake got in a few moments later smiling like an idiot, "What's the smile for?" I asked as he started the car.

"Oh you should've seen Logan's face. It was priceless. He looked like a grumpy old man who got woken up from his nap to early." He laughed for a good moment before turning to me. "What was that for anyways?"

I shrugged my shoulders in response. "I wanted to show him that if he wants to play games, then he should be prepared to loose."

I could feel the left side of my mouth turn up as we pulled out of the parking lot and headed in the direction of the pizza place.

When we got there I climbed out of Jake's car. Everyone had already gone inside. Everyone except for Logan that is.

"Can I talk to Daytona for a minute? Alone." He asked walking towards me.

Jake gave me a knowing look. "Sure." He turned and walked into the restaurant.

"I thought I told you to stay away from him?" His voice was low and I rolled my eyes but he only continued. "Seriously Day, keep your distance."

"Why Logan?" I threw my hands up into the air. "Instead of just telling me what to do, why not tell me why I should stay away."

He remained silent and I let out a sigh. "That's what I thought." I brushed past him but he shouted after me.