Chapter 19

"Jordan? What're you doing here?" He took a step into my room.

"Nice place you've got. That your mom downstairs?" I nodded my head, jumping off my bed and running to my window seat, putting as much distance between Jordan and I as I could. "Relax Daytona. Logan sent me here. I'm not the bad guy. I'm just watching over you until he gets here."

I let out a sigh of relief, "Sorry for over reacting, I'm still really freaked out." I laughed a little and took a seat on my bed.

Jordan leaned against the door frame and looked around my room. Something caught his eye and  he walked in and picked a picture up off my desk.

It was one of me and Logan when we went to laser tag. He had kissed my forehead and in return I stuck my tongue out and licked his chin. I'm pretty sure Jake took the picture, it was either him or Marissa, but Jake ended up sending it to me and I printed it out.

A faint smile found it's way onto my lips when I thought about the memory.

"Just friends huh?" He put the picture back down and turned to me.

I crashed backwards onto my bed and groaned, "We are just friends."

"Oh I see." He fell down next to me on his stomach. "You totally are head over heels for him. But he doesn't feel the same way. Does he?"

"See that's what I can't understand. He always kisses my forehead and calls me Princess." I propped myself up onto my elbow, "But what if I'm just reading to far into this?" I let out an aggravated sigh.

"I've known Logan for several years and let me just say, I've never seen him care for someone as much as he does for you."

I opened one of my eyes and glanced at him. "Really?"

"Really." The sound of Logan's Charger rolling up to my house shot me out of my bed, leaving Jordan in the dust.

I ran down, taking the stairs two at a time and almost tripping at the last one. When I reached the door I composed myself and opened it before Logan could even knock. I honestly have no idea what caused me to act this way and I got super embarrassed when Jordan was laughing at me from the top of the stairs.

"Hey what's wrong? Why are you breathing so heavily?" Logan wrapped his arms around me and pulled me in for a hug.

When he let go I fixed my hair self-consciously. "I almost tripped and fell down the stairs." I let out a light airy laugh and rubbed the back of my neck.

"You goon." Logan wrapped his arms around me, "What's up Mrs. Lyn? How're you doing?" He waved to my mom in the living room.

"I'm good Logan. What about you?"

He glanced towards me and smirked a little, "Fantastic now."

I rolled my eyes and pulled him towards the direction of the stairs, knowing that my mom could, and would, talk to him for hours if she was given the chance.

"Well you're certainly in a rush to get me alone aren't you?" I smacked his arm and flicked my head towards my mom.

"Oh by the way Logan," Well there goes my attempt at trying to get him away from my mom before she could chat his ear off, "Do you have any plans for Thanksgiving?"

"Actually no I don't Mrs. Lyn." He gave her an innocent smile that was filled with mockery - for me.

My mom let out a gasp and slapped the sofa she was sitting on, "Well then come on over. We'd be delighted to have you. Wouldn't we Day?"

"Yeah, we'd be delighted." I gave him a fake cheery smile and he laughed, causing a real one to appear.

"Thanks Mrs. Lyn,"