Chapter 27

"What?" Charlotte screeched in my ear. We were walking down the halls, killing time until fifth period.

"I know right? Cheerleading? That is the last thing I wanted to do in highschool." I stopped at my locker and exchanged my books.

"No kidding. No one wants to willingly spend time with those girls except for those girls." I closed my locker with a sigh and Charlotte eyed me up and down. "To play devil's advocate though, you have the perfect cheer body."

I slapped her arm, "Totally not helping Char."

"I'm sorry. So, when do you start?" We continued on our way, walking upstairs.

"Today."

"Today?" She shrieked again. Charlotte grabbed my arms and shook me, "What are you going to do?"

I pushed her off of me, "Obviously I have to go. I can't risk not graduating just because I don't want to be a cheerleader Char." I sighed and fished through my pockets for my key. "Give this to Mason so he has a ride home."

She took the key out of my hand, "But what about you?"

"I'll walk home. It's not that far. Plus it'll give me time to blow off steam from cheering." The obnoxiously loud bell cut me off and we went out separate ways heading to class.

~~~~🌸~~~~

The last few minutes of seventh period dragged on as I anxiously waited for after school to get here. When the bell rung I unwillingly got out of my seat and headed to the girls locker room.

To tell you the truth, I would've rather stayed in AP Calculus then head down to cheer practice. But, sucking up and shoving my self-pity into a vault, I walked with my head high down the halls. After all, I was not going to repeat senior year just because I didn't want to be a perky girl in a short skirt getting tossed in the air.

"Look who showed up girls." I had just entered the locker room when Makayla (who –just my luck– happened to be captain. Yay!) stopped me from going any further.

"Makayla. Can we just not fight with each other while we're cheering? You don't want me to be here just as much as me. Okay. So just tell me what to wear and hand me a uniform." I could see her thinking about what I said, then after a minute she flipped her hair over her shoulder and walked away.

"Fine by me." Once she was gone, Ms. Adams took her spot.

"Nice to see you showed up Daytona." She gave me a preppy smile that seemed way to genuine for anyone who works at this school.

"Yeah. Me too." I mumbled under my breath.

"So, first things first, you'll need a locker. So follow me and I'll show it to you." She led me through rows of maroon lockers before she stopped in front of one. "Here you are. Locker 342. Your combo is 26-42-8. Remember it." She sent me a wink over her shoulder and I put in the combo and threw my bag into it.

"There's a game this Friday so you'll need a uniform." She looked me up and down and turned to a light brown door that said 'Ms. Adams' in black sparkle letters. "You're probably a small." She dug around in a cardboard box before she pulled out a uniform.