A Cry For Help

Harry wakes up before Louis the next morning. He quickly notices that he's pressed against Louis' side, almost spooning but their bodies are barely touching. Harry remembers the pleasant feeling from yesterday and again, the feeling makes Harry's insides feel rather warm to have Louis that close, even if it's just a little bit. That's why the boy doesn't move. He doesn't want to disturb Louis because he doesn't want make him move away. Harry closes his eyes again, concentrating on Louis' closeness. If he could only scoot closer to him without being too obvious!

It takes a little while until Louis moves in bed. He stretches and yawns, then rubs his face. Harry can feel him turning around, scooting further away from him before he gets up from the bed. Harry turns around and watches the older boy walking toward the door. Why is he always walking away from him? Louis doesn't turn around and Harry doesn't dare to say anything. He just squeezes his eyes shut until he hears the door close. Harry sighs and runs his hand across the warm spot where Louis had just laid. The boy is pretty sure that Louis won't come back. This thought lets the feeling of disappointment wells up inside of him. As he's about to fall asleep again, the door opens suddenly. It's still a little bit dark in the room but Harry can see the shape of Louis moving toward him what makes his heartbeat increase immediately. Harry is surprised to see him again but he prefers not to talk. The boy pretends to be asleep when Louis climbs back into bed. Although he has moved further away, Harry is happy that he's there. Harry can feel Louis being tense at first but finally his body starts to relax back into the sheets.

After a few minutes, Harry moves a little bit, yawns and stretches like he just woke up. "Good morning," he says quietly, rolling over to face Louis. Louis looks at him for a short moment, eyes unreadable. Then he shifts onto his back and tucks his arms behind his head. "Did you sleep okay?" Harry tries again.

Louis hums in agreement. He doesn't look at Harry but turns to the left to pick up his phone from the floor and starts scrolling through his messages. He turns to lie on his back again and listens to the voicemail while he's trying to lower the tone. Harry can still hear snippets of the voicemail and realizes it's Julie. She's crying and brokenly trying to explain something. It makes Harry sit up in alarm, but Louis looks like he doesn't seem disturbed it at all. He doesn't even listen to the whole message and tosses his phone onto the floor again.

"What happened?" Harry asks quietly, not really expecting an answer. He looks at Louis who is staring at the ceiling. "That was Julie, right?"

Louis shrugs and folds his arms behind his head again. "Yeah, it was her but it's nothing really. She's always exaggerating."

Harry crosses his arms across his chest. "It didn't sound like she's exaggerating."

"You don't know her like I do," is all Louis says as he's closing his eyes like the discussion is over.

Harry stays quiet for a while and Louis doesn't talk either. "Louis?" Harry says into the dark after a pause but Louis doesn't respond. "Louis," he repeats, shaking Louis' shoulder a little. "Don't fall back asleep! Something could be really wrong! I'm worried about her. Please?"

Louis opens his eyes and turns his head, looking at Harry. He lets out an annoyed sigh. "Seriously?" he asks, frowning. "It's seven in the morning. Can't this wait until later?"

"Let me hear it. Please?"

"Fine." Louis grabs his phone from the floor and tosses it at Harry. "Knock yourself out." Louis rolls over and closes his eyes again, like he's going back to sleep. Harry leans his head against his huge pillow that's put between the wall and him as he listens to the voicemail. It's a lot of crying and a lot of garbled words, and the sound of people in the background. It takes Harry a couple of listens before he realizes what's going on.