Mallory

Frankie
The Next Morning

I woke up facing Grace, happily, I might add. I didn't want to wake her, so I got out of bed as quietly as I could and went to my studio. I knew I needed to express how last night made me feel. Of course, I was feeling so much that trying to put it all into a painting was going to be impossible. I soon heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." I called. I heard footsteps come closer to me and arms wrap around my waist. I closed my eyes and smiled as I laid my head back.
"I had the best time last night with the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in my life. She looks a lot like you, actually." Grace said softly. I laughed as I put my hands on top of hers. I turned around and pressed my lips to hers.
"What are you doing anyway?" Grace asked as she pulled away and looked at the empty canvas behind me.
"I'm trying to put my feelings about last night into a painting. I was going to give it to you when it was finished. Given anything actually got painted." I sighed.
"Frankie, you don't need to paint me anything. I'm pretty sure I know how you feel about last night. I feel the same way."
I smiled as I put my one hand on the side of Graces face. I felt her hand take my other one and intertwine our fingers. She took me back to the house. Before we went in, Grace kissed me.
"What was that for." I asked.
"Just because." Grace replied smiling as she took me inside. I rolled my eyes, smiled back at her and followed her to the couch.
"What's going on?"
"Just watch. I made, or at least started, this video right after I realized my feelings for you. Last year. I finished it last night when you were sleeping."
"You didn't have to do that, Grace."
"I wanted to."

Grace

I heard a knock on the door. As I walk over to answer it, I see Mallory on the other side. Oh my god. I think to myself as I panic. I calmly walk over to Frankie.
"Mallory's here." I said.
"Why?" Frankie asked.
"I don't know. I haven't exactly answered the door yet." I turned off the TV.
"I'll answer it, you go get dressed." Frankie said.
I was in my bedroom when I heard Frankie scream. I finished buttoning my shirt before making my way to the stairs. Frankie stopped me before I could go down.
"What's the screaming about?" I asked.
"Mallory knows about us." Frankie whispered.
"Oh my god. How?"
"I don't know. I begged Sol not to tell anyone and he said he wouldn't."
I gently pushed Frankie out of my way and walked downstairs to see Mallory sitting at the island. My heart felt like it was beating at a million miles a second. It was beating so loud I couldn't hear myself think. I soon felt Frankie take my hand. I looked at her then smiled as I took a deep breath and sat down. I let out a soft sigh.
"How did you find out?" I calmly asked.
"When we were at Buds a couple weeks ago, I could see the way you were looking at Frankie. Then I heard Frankie talking to Sol in the bedroom. Mom, I love you. No matter who you fall in love with. But, why didn't either of you come to any of us sooner?" Mallory asked.
"Part of me wasn't ready, the same part of me was terrified of the reactions. I saw how you and Brianna reacted to your father coming out. I wasn't prepared for that. Brianna doesn't know, does she?"
"Oh dear god, no." Mallory replied.
"I beg you, Mal, don't tell her. I want to be the one to do it."
"Of course. I love you, Mom. I love you, Frankie!"
"I love you too, Mallory!"
I hugged Mallory and felt the same kind of relief Frankie said she felt after she told Sol.
"What about Coyote and Bud?" Frankie asked.
"They won't know either." Mallory replied as she took Frankies hand and walked out. I turned to Frankie and took a sigh of relief.
"Now that that's done, let's finish that video I made you." I said walking over to the couch and waiting for Frankie.
"Grace, what if Coyote knows already? What if he figured it out at Buds?" Frankie asked as she sat next to me.
"Everything's going to be fine. He would've asked about it again if he did. Don't worry, Frankie." I assured.
"What if Bud knows?"
"Frankie. Even if they do, who cares?"
Frankie looked at me then put her head on my shoulder.