Chapter 16

Chapter 16-

Everything around me was a blur, until my eyes slowly came into focus. This time, I was in a slightly smaller room, with a long table and dozens of rickety chairs... I was in the kitchen of Number 12 Grimmauld Place.

Memories came flooding back from when we used this place as headquarters. I thought of all of the Order of the Phoenix, each member sitting down on those rickety chairs with cheerful faces.

Now half of them are gone.

Remus, Tonks, Mad-eye, Sirius and... Fred.

All of those fallen warriors. They won't be remembered as losers, as people who didn't fight; they will be remembered as strong warriors who fought against Voldemort and those bloody Death Eaters.

And speaking of Death Eaters...

Rodolphus Lestrange strolled into the kitchen, closely followed by Yaxley. His hair greasy or wet, I did not know, but all I knew was that there was an evil grin sliding across his face.

He rushed over to the table, conjuring up a glass goblet with a flick of his wand and pouring a rusty bottle of wine into it.

"Ah. Revenge." he said in a cruel tone of voice. "Revenge is sweet."

"Revenge? The girl is still alive, Rodolphus."

"Yes of course she is, you idiotic... Whatever. Get me some Fire whisky. Did you hear me correctly? I said GET ME SOME FIRE WHISKY."

"Yes, sir." whimpered Yaxley, taken aback. He started scuttling around the kitchen, examining the cupboards for some Fire whisky.

"Ha! 'Sir'. Sometimes I wonder what I've done to you, Yaxley. What happened to the gloriously evil Death Eater you once were?"

Yaxley didn't answer and carried on looking for the drink. For one fraction of a second, I saw a little expression of anger flash across his slightly wrinkled face.

"Pathetic. You can't even talk to me. How old are you again? 50? You're 50 years old and you're calling me Sir. You're pathetic just like that stupid family of yours."

Yaxley stopped moving. Somehow, the mention of his family surprised him yet made him look angry and dangerous. He spoke out in a shaky voice; his angry voice sounded strange compared to the sheepish voice he always spoke. You could tell he was trying to contain his anger.

"What do you know about my family?"

"Your family? Well, all I know is that they deserve to be dead. I mean, what's the point in living with a man like yourself? What does your wife see in you, Yaxley? What will she say when she finds out that you've been working for me? Ha, well, she will never find out-"

"What have you done to them?!" Yaxley demanded, turning around to face Lestrange. Taken aback, Rodolphus merely chuckled at Yaxley's seriousness.

"Ha, they've paid their prices. They have been severely punished for your cowardly actions-"

"My family?! What have you done to them? You've- you've killed them haven't you?! You son of a-."

"Now now Yaxley. Hold your anger. Don't take any risks." grinned Rodolphus.

It all happened in a matter of seconds; Yaxley came charging at Lestrange, pointing his long wand at his neck.

"Well I must admit I never took you down as a man with anger issues. Ah, it's so satisfying being evil. Best feeling in the world." chuckled Lestrange, apparently unaware that he could be lying on the floor any moment, dead.

However, with a flick of Lestrange's wand, Yaxley was threw against the rock solid wall behind him, blood instantly spurting out of his head.

His voice was nothing but a breathless croak.

"The Weasleys- they're not stupid- they will find you- and- and- and they will- kill you."

"Save your words... For when you arrive in Hell. Avada Kedavra."

A piercing scream started ringing in my ears... Yaxley's eyelids suddenly fell down like heavy bricks.

"Such a pity. He died for his family. And the funny thing is, I didn't even kill them. It was a test to see how faithful he will remain to me, not his family. He failed."

Rodolphus Lestrange stood in the haunting, deserted kitchen speaking to himself.

"I think it's time to contact the Malfoy's. As an old friend, Lucius will work for me. And his wife... His son... We could dispose of them..."

But he was suddenly interrupted by yet another scream coming from somewhere underneath them... I recognised it in an instant.