Chapter 7

Chapter 7-

I awoke to the sound of screaming patients and loud pairs of feet running across the floor.

There were people gathered around me, worried expressions shown in their faces.

My blurry vision soon came into focus as I lifted my head to see where I was.

But before I could get a proper look at my surroundings, I flopped back down again, my head sinking back into the soft pillow.

I wriggled around, trying to get into a comfortable position, which seemed almost impossible...

This wasn't my bed.

This wasn't my room.

And this certainly wasn't my house.

"Where am I?" I asked dreamily, not even knowing who all of these people around my bed were.

"He's awake! Oh George!" cried a familiar voice, her voice shaky as if she had been crying for hours.

My eyes were closed, but I soon realised who was talking to me. It was Mum.

And it didn't take very long either to realise who everyone around my bed were.

"Merlins beard! Finally!" cried Dad, and when I opened my eyes, I noticed he was examining my right arm.

Where was I? Why was I here?

"What's going on? Where am I? Why am I here?" I asked once again, staring at the bright lights above me.

"George? Oh no... Arthur! Has he lost his memory?!" yelped Mum, who burst into a flood of tears.

I exchanged curious expressions with Dad. Mum, who sounded so hysteric, made me chuckle. Without realising, I suddenly burst out laughing, leaving Mum perplexed.

It wasn't long before Harry and Ron started laughing with me too. Obviously confused, Mum abruptly stopped.

"What's so funny?"

"Sorry... Sorry..." answered Ron and Harry together, covering their mouths with their hands. "And by the way, you're at St Mungos George." Ron informed me.

St Mungos?!

I suddenly stopped laughing.

"Mum, I'm fine. Honestly. I haven't lost my memory." I said, "We were only laughing because of your reaction."

But, why was I at St Mungos? I didn't understand...

Turning round to have a better look at the room, I noticed a glass of pumpkin juice on the table beside me and reached out my weak, bruised arm to pick it up.

My arm felt like a heavy brick.

"But- Are you sure you're okay? You were hit by three spells!" cried Mum.

The pumpkin juice was soon squirted onto the floor; I almost choked and then spat it everywhere.

"Three spells?"

"Well, yes. Don't you remember? Oh no, I think you have lost your memory! Shall I get a doctor?" she babbled anxiously.

"Mum, I haven't lost my memory..." I assured her, slightly irritated now, but tried to remember why I was laying in St Mungos hospital...

"Well, if you haven't lost your memory, maybe you could tell us who cursed you!" squealed Mum.

"Cursed? Look, the only thing I remember is..."

But I had to stop and think; what did I remember?

A flash of red light... A man with a shabby face... Someone making me angry... And a strange name.

Yes, I heard a strange name.

"All I heard was a strange name..."

"What strange name?"

Rudolph something? Rodolphus something...?

Suddenly, the events of the night before came flooding back to me.

"Rodolphus Lestrange!" I cried, my eyes wide, just hoping that they would believe me.

Mum and dad looked at eachother, Ron and Hermione stared at me with worried expressions on their faces.

"George, Rodolphus Lestrange is dead. He was a Death Eater but he got killed the other day." said Dad, staring at me worryingly.

What? No! That was his name! He most certainly wasn't dead.

"No! I know what I heard. He said he was Rodolphus Lestrange. He said I was stupid because I didn't know who he was! That's it, I remember now! He was the one who used Stupefy on me!"

"Lestrange? He must have been married to Bellatrix Lestrange..." Mum wondered aloud.

"You must be confused with Rodolphus Lestrange and Bellatrix Lestrange! I know what I saw and it was a man... He said his name was Rodolphus Lestrange!" I said, almost shouting now.

Dad threw me a copy of the Daily Prophet and pointed to the headline on the front cover.

It read: Old Death Eater named Rodolphus Lestrange found dead in Diagon Alley.

I carried on reading a caption underneath a picture: The Ministry are not entirely sure it is Rodolphus Lestrange, but many people have claimed that it wa.s him. If he is sighted anywhere, please report to the Department of Mysteries in the Ministry of Magic as soon as possible.

What? I didn't understand.

➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰

Please comment and voteeee💋

Do you guys actually read this rubbish?😂

~Amy xo