Chapter 24 - Uncertanity

CHAPTER 24: UNCERTAINTY

Usagi's POV

Knowing that Misaki would be too tired to get up and yet to stubborn to admit it, I just decided to lead the Sumi-brat straight to the bedroom. He said that he had just talked to him, which meant that Misaki must be up by now.

Once I opened the bedroom door, a groggy Misaki, who apparently had just woken up, called my name with a sleepy voice. After I had walked into the room and he saw Sumi, he sat up in bed. "SENPAI!" he immediately exclaimed, apparently surprised to see him. "How did you get here so fast?"

"Misaki-kun, it's been about 20 minutes since I called you?"

Misaki then turned to me and started explaining franticly. "I… I was going to tell you and then… I must've fallen… asleep… and…" His right hand moved up to grab at his shirt right above his heart as his breaths became labored. "I…"

Remembering what Kusama said about stressful situations and how it could result in Misaki ending back in the hospital, I walked straight to him and sat on the bed next to him. I grabbed both his shoulders in my hands and I said "Misaki, relax… Just breathe. Its fine… I don't really mind." I was trying to hide my contempt of the person still standing at the door.

"R-really…?" I felt his shoulders starting to relax.

"Yeah. Misaki, its fine. Now unless you want to end up back at the hospital, you must calm down. Okay?" Misaki's eyes widened at the mention of the hospital and, a moment later, he was taking in deep breaths trying to relax.

"Hospital?" Sumi asked.

Ignoring him, I said to Misaki "Want some tea?" Misaki only nodded. "I'll go get you some." Just to make sure that Sumi remembered who Misaki belonged to, I placed a kiss on Misaki's lips. Once I pulled away, I saw that precious look on his face: his cheeks fully painted in red and his eyes wide, not believing that I just did that in front of someone… again…

I only smirked as I quickly got up and walked to the door, not giving him the chance to argue. Before I left though, I paused a second. I was sure that what I said would only be heard by the Sumi-brat. "You better not touch him. And don't you dare stress him out. Got it?"

I left the room after I had seen Sumi slightly flinch. Satisfied that he wouldn't attempt anything weird, I headed straight to the kitchen.

Misaki's POV

I heard the door open to the room and it pulled me away from my slumber. Slowly opening my eyes, I saw Usagi-san standing at the door. "Usagi-san…" I said groggily.

Suddenly I started recalling what I wanted to tell him. Once he entered the room though and stepped aside, I sat up quickly, alert of who it was standing behind him. "SENPAI!" I said in surprise. I somehow felt that Usagi-san was pissed about not knowing that he was coming. Or more like he didn't want him there at all.

I tried to explain what happened. After a few words, I started to feel panicky that maybe I wasn't explaining what I wanted to say in the right way. My chest pain just got worse as I struggled to say the words.

Usagi-san's words, after he had taken a place on the bed next to me, helped me relax a bit. I knew that he was trying to hide that he wasn't pleased. When he mentioned that I would end up in the hospital again if I didn't calm down, I tried my best to relax.

He then left the room, leaving senpai and myself alone in the room, but not before kissing me in front of my senpai, leaving my face burning red with the heat of embracement.