"He's awaiting you, Ma'am." Louis opened the door but she didn't move.

"C'mon, Lil, don't give them a chance to find me." Rick's voice calmed her.

"At least I know you're not in that room trapped." She replied as she slid into the back seat with him.

"Normally I'd be there. I like the after show buzz but I'm not in the mood tonight." He sighed and scrubbed a hand through his hair.

"That's what I tried to tell those deluded women but they were too worried about who was first in line. Doesn't anyone think of others anymore?" she glared back at the building.

"Lil, women like that want two things from me."

"And here I was thinking it was one thing." She snorted.

"No, it's two, maybe three things. First is to say they had sex with me. Second is to see what money or goods they can get out of me. Third, now these are the truly crazy ones. They want to marry me and have babies, which also gives them scenario number one and two." Rick ticked them off on his fingers and she shook her head.

"That's freaking ridiculous."

"I agree but it's true all the same." He shrugged.

"Please attach your seat belts." The driver stared in the rear-view mirror at her.

"Oops, sorry."

Delilah tugged her seatbelt on and clicked it into place. The car moved away from the venue and she stared back at it with a frown. No wonder Rick found it hard to trust people if those types were the only ones he saw.

"So, are you ever going to tell me what you thought of the song?" Rick had to clear his throat before asking.

"You surprised me." She admitted in a whisper.

"I did?"

"Rick, we've talked through letters for the last eight years without any other contact, so of course you surprised me."

"I looked forward to everyone of your letters." Earnest hazel eyes clashed with hers.

"I looked forward to your letters too, but I guess I didn't expect to have made such a difference in your life." She admitted and his mouth dropped open.

"Lil, damn it, how do I say this to you? I clung to your letters for a slice of normal, everyday life. You were the reflection of what I sometimes wish I hadn't given up."

"Like what?"

"Going to the shops and buying groceries without seeing criticism for what I've bought. Walking anywhere on the street without appearing pristine means I must have drug habit. It's the normal slice of life that you don't appreciate until it's gone. Sorry but it's so damn hard to explain."

"I never thought of it that way." Delilah mixed.

"I'm sounding like a wuss, aren't I? Another celebrity whining over how they've suffered." He shook his head at himself.

"We all have gripes. I wish the kids in my class would show a bit of uniformity when I tell them to line up." She replied and a rusty laugh escaped him.

"It's great how easily you can distract my thoughts."

"I've been thinking about Tuesday." She admitted with a flinch.

"Okay and what's been going through your mind?"

"Where are you staying? I know if you're at your old home, everyone's going to figure out why you're there. Did you want to stay with dad and me? At least that will keep you out of the spotlight," Delilah babbled before she slapped a hand to her forehead. "I did intend to say that with a bit more tact and a lot less desperation." She admitted with a sheepish grin.