Chapter 22

WARNING: A little graphic rape scene in the last paragraph.
_______________________

A blonde woman appeared on Rasheed's TV-screen. He'd been sitting with the news on the entire day while googling missing women. That had gotten him nowhere. His wife had come home somewhere around dinnertime and when he'd told her about the ordeal earlier that morning she had cursed at him for being so stupid. He agreed on this.

But when that blonde woman came on the screen and a picture of a brunette joined her he jumped out of his chair. It was her. She looked a lot healthier on the picture but it was definitely her. There was a number at the bottom of the screen that he quickly scribbled down before grabbing his cellphone. With trembling fingers he dialed the number and waited for someone to pick up.

He wasn't sure what time it was in the states, but he didn't really care if he woke someone up. The only thing he cared about now was to save that girl and these were the people for the job. They would have the recourses to take the house down. If he ever were to call the police inside Dubai, he could never be sure that they would actually help or just accept free sex to look the other way. Most likely the latter.

A tired voice brought Rasheed out of his thoughts.

"This is Jennifer Jareau."

"Hello, my name is Rasheed and I'm calling about that missing agent. Emily, I think her name was."

"Yes, go on!" the woman sounded more alert now.

"Okay, she ran into my shop when looking for the police. Unfortunately, she found the police and they brought her back to the house. I know I shouldn't..."

"Wait, wait, hold on... What house? Where is she?"

"It's a human trafficking ring in the outskirts of Dubai." Rasheed explained.

"Was she harmed in any way?"

"I believe so yes. She had some bruises and looked a little thinner than those pictures you showed. I think she had been running a long way before I saw her and she seemed very scared."

He could hear the woman's quiet gasp before she talked again, "Can you call another police station over there and get her out while we're on our way?"

"I'm afraid I don't trust any of those. They're all corrupted. It's best that you come to take her away yourself."

The woman was quiet for a second, "Okay, we'll be there as soon as we can."

"Thank you," the man said, a huge weight lifting from his shoulders.

They both hung up and Rasheed turned to look at his girlfriend who had a skeptical look on her face. Rasheed raised his eyebrows as if asking 'what?'

"You never gave them an address," she explained.

"They're cops, sweetie, they'll trace the call." Rasheed shrugged, hoping that what he said was right.

____________________________

Jennifer Jareau hurried to dial Garcia's number from the precinct in New York. It had come as a shock that anyone had actually called about Emily. Even if she'd held a press conference about it she didn't believe anything would happen that fast.

It was early in the States, the phone call had even woken her up, but she knew the technical analyst would be in her office. It wouldn't surprise her if she had spent the whole night in her lair. The other blonde answered after the third signal.

"Hello?"

JJ could hear that she had been asleep. "You need to trace the last call that came in to my cell phone. Someone's found Emily."