Chapter 13

Another night passed, of that she was sure. Anya slept close to her, waking her up every now and then because of some terrible nightmare. Emily was sleeping too, but it was all but peacefully. She couldn't stop worrying about when someone would come in and get her, come in and get Anya.

Emily didn't know what it was that made her feel much stronger today. Perhaps it was the few hours of sleep, the fact that she'd actually gotten fed or the renewed will to survive. Someone came to get her before Anya and it was painful to let go of the young girl, but this time she had to if she wanted them all to get out of there. They did like they always did, showered her and dressed her in some new lingerie, before taking her to a room that pretty much looked like all the other.

The guy who walked in minutes later did look strong, she had to give him that, but she still needed to get out of there. She shouldn't wait much longer, she probably wouldn't feel this strong again. When the new guy came in she stood quietly in her bra, panties and high heels, letting him look her up and down like a lion eying his pray. She didn't do anything, just watched quietly as he tied her hands to the bedpost with two scarves. There really was no plan so far, but if she just managed to get him down quietly then maybe she could take out the guards too. Only problem was that there were so many guards to knock out around the premises. She thought for a moment and decided she had nothing to lose. If they would catch her, fine, she would try another time.

The guy turned her so she was lying flat on her stomach while his hands moved down to unclip her heels. She could feel him crawl back up against the length of her body, whispering things of nothingness. That's when Emily took her chance. She hooked his head between her legs and squeezed tightly so the man wouldn't be able to breathe, and therefor all his words got strangled. She turned her body around to get a firmer grip around the guy and when she was sure he had stopped struggling she let go, waiting a couple of seconds before she started on the knots tying her hands to the bedpost. When she was finally free she didn't really know where to go next, but she decided to strip the guy of his clothes and got dressed in them. The pants was a little too long so she folded them to make it easier to run away. There was no chance any of the guards would think she was a man, but it was much better than to run out in no clothes at all. She counted to three before pressing the button by the door that would make the guards enter. Not even ten seconds later, as if on cue, the guards came in. Emily was prepared to grab the first one around the neck, kicking the back of his knees to make him fold. The other guy was quick to react, but Emily dodged his blow, followed by a kick in his guts. The guys weren't completely down, but she couldn't risk them to overpower her so she took a run for it. There were guards in the corridor outside the room she was in too, but she couldn't waste a minute. She ran past them all, well aware that they started to reach for their guns and charged after. They only had time to react before she was down the stairs. Surprisingly enough they didn't shoot her and they stopped chasing her. It almost seemed too easy getting past them all, but at that moment she didn't care. She was so close to the exit. On the way out she only had to give three guards a blow to either their face or their gut. Adrenalin kept her running far away from that house, only looking back once to see if someone was following. No one did, but still she kept running a great distance away from the house. It was like she didn't dare to stop, afraid that something was going to jump her. She would keep the pace up, as good as she could, until she reached a police station. Until she reached someone who could help her and contact her team.

Back at the house, the brunette had escaped from, it was almost too calm. The boss was out quickly when hearing people yell to know what was going on. He saw the young woman clad in men's clothes running down the stairs. He put up his hand to keep the guards from shooting her or running after her and walked slowly down the stairs to see her running out the door. He saw her hit some of his men, but he didn't care. A big smile was spreading on his lips when standing in the doorway to see her running farther and farther away. The woman finally showed the fighter in her after losing her hope. He hadn't liked that; he bought her for a reason.