Chapter 4

Evan had changed his mind. As soon as he stepped into the club again he was ready to turn around and go bring his sister to safety, but as he looked back at the slightly foggy crowd he couldn't move. His breathing increased, no scratch that, he couldn't breathe at all. All he was thinking about was what he would put his own sister through. Many people would think she was strong; he even did so when he took the decision, but now when he thought about it he knew it wasn't true. He knew how these guys operated and Emily wasn't stupid; she was an FBI agent. She would probably know that there was no way she was getting out of there except when she died and knowing Emily, she wouldn't give those guys the satisfaction of killing her so she would probably take care of it herself. Evan had been right with her when she had held a knife against her wrist one time, determent to end it right then and there. They would break her down to pieces until she would realize that taking her own life was the only way out. It would be much better than having to spend more time as a sex slave... Oh God, he had just sold his sister so that they could use her for sex and to make matters worse, they would ship her off to some country in the Middle East or someplace worse and she would be gone. Something got Evan to finally move and he decided to run back and end his affair. He had the money in his pocket so it was just for him to buy her back, whatever his consequences would be.

Exiting the club, the only thing he saw was his car in a pretty much empty parking lot. Emily was gone and he'd been too late.

-------

"I need a raise!" Evan said to his boss one night. He had crashed his car and bet on some sports to win the money so he could fix it, being too proud to ask his mother for help. He had lost, even though he had been sure that he'd made a safe bet, and now he was in a way bigger debt. A raise would be just what he needed, but judging by that look on his boss' face he wasn't going to get it.

"A raise? I should fire you for demanding something so ridiculous." His boss spat back. "Now get back, we have customers that need you."

Evan only nodded and went back out to the store with his head hung down.

"What's got you so down?" His friend Igor asked.

"Boss wouldn't give me a raise and now I don't know how to get the money to pay off my debts. They gave me three months to find it..."

"Three months is pretty long for those guys... I would have thought they would give you like 48 hours to deliver the money."

Evan hadn't thought about that, but now that Igor mentioned it, it was strange.

"Maybe they couldn't say no to my Evan charm," he said with a wink, but continued when seeing the look of disbelief on Igor's face. "Seriously? I don't know. What do you think?"

"They want something from you." Igor stated.

Evan sighed as he took care of the next customer. He was not looking forward to the next couple of months.

-------

It felt awful driving home without Emily. Then again, why did he need to go home? What would he tell his mother when Emily wasn't with him? 'Oh, hey mom, I just sold my sister to save my own skin. Don't worry she'll be fine.' No he couldn't do that. So the best thing was to drive to his place again, but remembering that he had his things at his mother's house, like a very important laptop, he continued there. The men had given him the address to the website where they auction out their women and a password as a thank you for giving them another girl. Emily wasn't a girl, though. She was a beautiful woman who dedicated her life to help others and now they would take that life away from her. No, Evan had taken that life away from her, but he would buy her back. When he got back to his mother's he would bid the ten grand he'd gotten, if not more, on her to buy her back. Everything would go back to normal then, except for the fact that he had sold his sister and she would probably be pissed off by then. Their relationship would never get as good as it were before because there would always be that little fact that Emily had been sold from the very beginning, even if he later saved her from it.