Chapter 12

Evan looked scared as soon as Morgan entered the room. Damn right he should be. If Morgan could have it his way Elizabeth Prentiss wouldn't recognize her own son if they ever saw each other again. But this time Evan had several guardian angels to stop that from happening. They were in the form of JJ, the law and his own badge. Though, a part of him didn't care about the last two, but if he was going to find Emily he needed to be out of prison.

Morgan was at a loss of words when they finally stood across from where Evan sat. All the anger in him made it hard to talk without burtsting. JJ quickly got this and decided to take the lead.

"You know why you're here right?" she asked.

"Ehm, yeah-yes. I might know."
JJ rolled her eyes. 'Might know'. Yeah right.

"Can you tell us what happened?"

"I-I didn't have a choice. They were gonna kill me."

"So you gave them your sister?"

Evan was quietly looking down to his knees a couple of seconds before he answered.

"That was the only thing they wanted from me. I offered to search the streets for a prostitute or anybody to take her place, but they'd done their research. The prostitutes were too impure and my sister was a catch. That's what they said anyways. I'm sorry."

"Why did you make her profile good? You could've written in a way that they didn't want her anymore." JJ said, not noticing that her voice was starting to rise.

"I know, but what if they'd decide to kill me? I couldn't take that risk. You gotta do whatever it takes to live."

Morgan clenched his fist, restraining himself from jumping the younger man.

"Giving away your sister to some perves was the answer?" JJ said, starting to see just as red as Morgan. Hotch or Rossi should've gone here with him instead, they would have at least been able to control themselves better.

"But I made it right. I made it right." Evan said with a half smile that made both of the agents want to strangle him. "I called you guys and gave you clues how to find her."

He thought that was making things right? JJ scoffed. "Emily is gone, Evan. They've taken her to God knows where and I don't doubt that men have already hurt her in ways none of us thought was possible. And this will go on for a long time because the fact is, you sent your big sister away and there's no way to find her." JJ had become calmer, whispering those last words with tears running down her cheeks. Damn, that was not how an interrogation was supposed to go. Why was she crying? Why had she just spoken the words that had flown around in her head? Evan shed a tear too, but JJ felt no pity for him.

"Where's her things?" Morgan asked suddenly.

"What?" Evan looked towards Morgan and he took a step forward to get closer.

"The things she brought to Russia. I saw her computer, but all her clothes. Where are they?"

Evan got nervous and picked on his fingernails, just like Emily used to do.

"Well, I threw them in the lake," Evan murmered quietly, but loud enough for Morgan to hear and that was all it took for Morgan to jump him. He grabbed Evan's collar and pushed him up against the wall. JJ thought about helping Evan, who looked absolutely terrified, but JJ didn't because what he'd said made her want to hurt him too.

"Hey, please put me down. I didn't know what to do." Evan begged.

"So throwing her clothes in the water was the best option?" he asked and banged Evan's head against the wall.