Chapter 3

A/N Sorry for taking ages!! I won't take long again! Promise!

Here's the next chapter! Enjoy!

--------

Chapter 3

"Mills..." Emily heard someone whispering.

At first she thought it was in her dreams, but then someone shook her and called her name even louder. This time she knew it was just a really annoying brother. Sure enough, when she opened her eyes she came face to face with a grinning Evan Prentiss. Emily groaned and turned away so that her back was turned against him.

"Go away!" Emily whined, causing Evan to chuckle.

"Sorry, sis! Not when we have so much to do today." Evan told her cheerfully. "Now get your lazy butt out of bed." Evan tapped her backside two times before he left the room to let her get dressed.

Annoyed with being woken at, she glanced at her clock, 7 am, she kicked of the covers and walked with heavy steps over to her suitcase to pick out some clean clothes. She didn't really know what they were supposed to do this early in the morning, but she just had to trust her brother to have a really good reason for disturbing her sleep. Especially now when the jetlag hadn't worn off.

It was pretty hot outside so she settled for a black skirt with a white blouse, knowing that she probably would have to change clothes for the evening's event, dinner with a bunch of politicians. Although, she could take Evan up on his offer. It sounded tempting to ditch the dinner and hang out with Evan instead. He would choose to do something wild and crazy, making her feel ten years younger again.

After taking a quick shower and making herself ready she was determent to skip the dinner. Her mother didn't need them there anyway.

"Took you long enough." Her brother said, waiting down the stairs. "The time is ticking away; it's already 8 am.

Emily rolled her eyes and followed Evan out to his car, not sure of where they were heading. He didn't want to give her any clues, but he did say that her clothes were a little inappropriate for the matter, which made her very nervous. That feeling was there the entire trip and it was really irritating not knowing where they were headed. After what felt like an eternity later they finally pulled into a secluded little parking lot and Emily's eyes went wide.

"Seriously?" she exclaimed. "I'm definitely not dressed for hiking!"

"I told you so!" Evan replied, wiggling his eyebrows.

"You never told me where we were going!" Emily complained. "Please, can't we do something else?"

Normally Emily would have loved walking through the forest, but with the shoes and the white blouse she was wearing, not so much.

"Eh, you'll survive! Now, come on... I want to show you something," he said and started walking into the forest, forcing Emily to follow him since she didn't want to be left alone and she wasn't going to let Evan walk by himself either. She was sure Evan knew about this and by walking away he knew he'd get what he wanted. He didn't make things better by walking so damn fast, making her feet hurt within 15 minutes. Her first instinct was to whine about it, but hearing her brother chatting happily pulled her through it until they finally reached their destination.

"Wow! This is beautiful!" Emily said, amazed. "How did you find this place?"

"I was driving one day and decided to take a walk in the forest. I just knew you'd love it. Even though you chose the worst clothes ever," her brother teased.

Emily shoved him to the side playfully and sat down at the edge of the cliff. Evan joined her and both of their feet were dangling high above the ground. They both went into a comfortable silence, enjoying the view of Moscow.