Headcannon 20- Sirius and McGonagall

Sirius was crying in the Great Hall. His eyes were red and fat tears were still flowing down his cheeks. His mom had sent him a howler saying he brought disgrace to his family. It was the middle of the night so there was no one to see him crying.
A cat walked up to him and sat in front of him and looked at the Howler.

"Oh, it's my mother. She told that I brought disgrace to my family by not getting sorted into Slytherin", he said, not knowing why he was talking to the cat but it felt better if he talked to someone.

The cat nodded encouragingly at him.

Taking this as a sign, he started talking again, "My mother and father are obsessed with blood purity, they think muggleborns are filth. I never agreed with them. I was punished a lot of times, you know for supporting muggles ".

The cat walked near to him and licked his hand.

"Thanks, kitty. I'll go to the Gryffindor tower now. If some teacher finds me, I'll be in trouble", he said and walked to the tower. He was shocked when the cat kept following him but he didn't mind the company.

"So, bye, kitty", he said and ruffled the cat's head before entering the common room. Imagine, his surprise, when he found out that the cat was professor McGonagall. He couldn't see her in the eye for a month.