Headcannon 17-The sorting

Sirius Black was the first to be sorted.
The sorting hat thought of sorting him into Slytherin, like how he had sorted Blacks for ages until he peeked into his mind. There were a lot of prejudices, but also some defiance and rebelliousness. There was something in this boy, which made him different from the other Blacks he had sorted before. A nudge in the right direction would change his life. That's why he was sorted into Gryffindor.

Remus Lupin, the hat thought of sorting him into Ravenclaw, because of his love for reading until it found out he was a werewolf. The boy, not even twelve yet had to change into a werewolf every full moon. Every month, he changed into a full fledged monster and yet, continued with his life. If that wasn't bravery, the hat didn't know what was. So, Remus Lupin was made a Gryffindor.

Peter Pettigrew sat on the stool to be sorted. The hat noticed that he was a timid and cowardly young boy. Not much bravery and not much intelligence. He couldn't be trusted to be fair. So, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff were not even an option. Slytherin? The boy would rather choose his life over others. No loyalty, so Slytherin would be a bad choice. So, Gryffindor was the only option left. He wasn't brave but that didn't mean he shouldn't be given a chance to become brave.

James Potter, mischievous and arrogant. Thought the whole world revolved around him. Yet there was something different in this boy. He would do anything for the ones he liked. The boy was against blood purity notions and thought the whole thing was rather stupid. But, the hat saw a lot of potential in the kid and bravery. And, the boy asked him to be in Gryffindor. The hat didn't have a reason why he shouldn't. And he was sorted into Gryffindor.