Headcannon 18- Jily proposal

Lily went on a dangerous mission with a few other members of the Order. It was a very dangerous mission and they were taking longer than everyone thought.

James was pacing the headquarters up and down. Even though, Sirius and Remus tried their best to cool him, he couldn't. Lily had promised him she'd come back early but she hasn't come. He didn't know if she was safe. He didn't know if she was hurt. It was killing him.

There was a sound and he looked up and saw Lily, among the Order members. She looked a bit tired but alright otherwise.

"I thought I lost you", James said, hugging Lily tight.

"I promised you that I would come. I kept my promise ", she said, hugging him back.

"I was so scared. Promise me, you won't leave me again", he whispered.

"I promise you", she said.

"Lily, will you marry me? ", James asked, getting down on one knee.

"Yeah", Lily said, wiping back a tear, while all of the other Order members clapped.

It was a simple diamond ring but Lily didn't mind.

"Your ring will glow if I'm in trouble and mine will if you're in trouble", James said, still hugging her.

"I love you", she said and kissed him.

When Voldemort came to kill them, that's how they knew he had come.