I took my lip between my teeth as my eyes fell down to his muscles that bulged through his t shirt. "I can tell."

"Alexa, if we are going to go on a date, here's my first rule," Blake said solemnly. "You can't bite your lip. It does things to a man."

"Mkay," I murmured and licked my lips instead.

Just as Blake's face was inches from mine, the backdoor flew open and a drunken girl stumbled out. After hiking up her skirt, and doing a 360, she spotted us.

The girl squinted at me. "What are you doing with my boyfriend?" She slurred at me and Blake's very compromising position. 

I scooted away, my eyebrows scrunched together. Boyfriend? As in Blake? Surely he wouldn't have flirted me this whole time with knowledge that he was already in a relationship. I looked over at him for explanation, but he was frowning.

"Leave, Lillian," he commanded. "You lost the right to call me that when you stood me up for Gavin."

"But!" She protested and stumbled over, miraculously managing not to fall over the low rails. "That was one time. Don't tell me you've never cheated on us either."

Blake shook his head. "If you actually get me to commit, then I'm committed. Go get Gavin to get you some water, Lillian. You're making a fool of yourself."

"I don't care if the french slut sees me. She's going back to France soon," Lillian scoffed.

I leaned in. "Wanna know a secret?"

She vigorously nodded. "Um yes. Spill your guts, frenchie."

"I'm not actually from France."

I don't think she heard my secret though, because as soon as she finished her own sentence, she grimaced and bent over the railing and began to puke into the lake.

"What a shame," I laughed at Blake. My nose wrinkled at the vomit staining the blue, black water. "And here is was considering going skinny dipping."

Blake narrowed his eyes at the puking Lillian. "Bitch," he swore. "Always ruined all the fun." After calling for Gavin, and death glaring at Lillian, he led me back inside.

"Are you ready to leave?" He asked me when he saw me yawn even though the music was blaring.

I considered saying lying for a moment, because going home meant having to face my family, but I had had such a long couple days that I just wanted to sleep through the weekend. "Yeah. I fell asleep during your game. The only times I was awake was when ya'll scored," I told him.

He smirked. "Then you saw all you needed to see." He held my hand. "Let's go."

Blake waved goodbye to his teammates, who then winked at me when his back was turned, before we took off. If only they knew the truth about me.

That I was a bulldog.

As the wind whipped in my air from the top down in the Audi, I found myself laughing even though few words had passed between Blake and I. By simply accepting Blake's offer to the horror movie, I had turned my life upside down and everyone against me. But I still had the hot guy in the middle of it all. And three days ago, I didn't have him.

"Who's that in the driveway?" Blake asked as he eyed the mustang parked in the garage.

I rolled my eyes. Why park in the garage if you didn't close it? "That would be my dad."

"What does he do?" He wondered.

"Not be home," I replied back. I walked to the other side of the car and pecked Blake on the cheek. "Text me soon so we can figure out that date. And pick somewhere expensive. Seth's been saving up his money for new wheels for his truck."

Black chuckled. "I'll make sure it's somewhere we can fly to. France?"

I nodded. "Perfect."

I waved before disappearing into the garage and closing the door behind me. I stared at my dad's vintage mustang in disbelief. For a neurosurgeon, he was a lucky idiot that it hadn't been stolen.

I walked into the kitchen. It was almost two in the morning, but I wouldn't have been surprised if my brother and my dad were still dueling.

I walked with soft feet on the wooden floor to the living room. It was quiet. Maybe that meant they weren't arguing anymore and had gone to bed. Maybe I was going to get away with this.

I peered through the pass through to see Seth with his head in his hands, and my father having a glaring contest with the ceiling. Both were a good distance from the couch that it was possible I could make it to the stairs without them seeing.

I sent a silent prayer to God before deciding to go for it before my hammering heart gave me away. I took one step, then two more, and now, if either decided to strike up a conversation, they would see me. I would be a deer caught in headlights.

I clung to the wall and kept walking. I rounded the banister. My foot was on the first step. Home free? I grinned in victory.

"Your mom meant to get you new converse when she was in San Diego," my dad mumbled to me, but his eyes were still trained on the ceiling. "She said yours squeaked too much."

"Tell her I want gold this time." I looked at Seth, who was glaring at me. "Gold is for winners."

"How dare you!" He snapped.

My dad clapped my brother on the knee, a gentle enough gesture to tell him to shut up or he'd hit him some where else. He then looked at me with a look that made a shiver shoot up my skin. "I'll ask this once. Where were you?"

"Honestly?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yes. Honestly."

I pulled my hair to one side in anxiousness. "I really don't know. It was a lake house though, if that helps."

"You know what I mean, Alexa. Don't give me shit," my dad growled. "You were at a Bruin's!"

I forgot just how die hard my father was for his high school. He had been the state quarterback for them since freshman year. When he had the chance to move to Michigan, he immediately jumped at the chance to have his kids go to the same school he did. His hatred for Brentwood ran cold through his veins.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said coolly. "I was at a party, yes."

"A party for Brentwood's win! How the hell did you even get in?"

Seth snorted. "You know exactly how she got in. She smiled at the quarterback and he lied through his teeth for her."

"Oh don't you dare," I said hotly. "If you wanna be all technical, you are the one that put me in this situation."

"When I made that agreement, I didn't know that you had already gone on a date with him and I was supporting your relationship," he snarled.

"A date?" My dad roared.

I glared at them both the way my mom glares at business partners who are trying to back out of a deal. It shut them up. "I'm only saying this once more before my head explodes," I hissed. "I didn't know who he was when he offered me a ticket at the movies. I found out who he was after the game. I went to the party because he was the only one who wasn't accusing me of treason. He was sweet. I'm going to bed."

"Alexa, I told you what would happen if I ever caught you with a Bruin," Seth threatened.

"What's everyone going to think when I tell them you paid for it all?" I fired back.

He glared.

"Don't start this war," I warned. "I learned a lot tonight. Your dirt on me is nothing compared to your peachy past."