Suicide Squad: In the End, It's You and I

Start from the beginning

Jungkook noticed how uneasy he had become. He looked off to the side and mumbled, "We were going to wait...to give you this, but I've noticed how sad you've been lately." He walked off to the side and approached Chanyeol with a box in hand. "This is from Taehyung and myself." He cracked a smile as he handed the box to Chanyeol.

            Chanyeol smiled a bit as he took the box and stared at it for a second. He beamed excitedly as he opened it. Inside of the box, there was a clown mask and it made Chanyeol emotional. He was choked up for a moment, and he set the box to the side before hugging Jungkook tightly. "Thank you..." He whispered as he pulled away. "Thank you..." He sniffled, "To think you'd want me to be a part of this team...permanently..." his voice trailed off and his smile faded as he whispered, "...but I can't accept this." He wiped away his tears and forced a smile. "This isn't the life I wanted for myself. I wanted to feel close to my sister, but-"

            "It's okay." Jungkook cut him off. "You don't have to explain yourself. I know you wanted something different for yourself, and I don't think it's too late. Will you at least be here for the ceremony?"

            Chanyeol sniffled as he shook his head, "I'm going to finish this...as a present to you and Taehyung, but I need to leave as soon as possible." He cracked a smile. "Thank you for everything." He nodded, "I'll be done in a few hours, I can promise you that."

            Jungkook nodded, "Thank you, Chanyeol." He paused for a second before he whispered, "for everything you've done for us."

            Chanyeol beamed as he wiped away his tears and turned his attention to the heart that wasn't beating.

Taehyung stood at the edge of the rooftop, his eyes solemn as he stared at the skyscrapers and then at the airplanes that flew through the city. He breathed slowly before he smiled lightly, "Well?" He asked once he felt Jungkook stand behind him, his strong arms wrapping around Taehyung's thin frame. They leaned their heads together while staring at the city, "No matter what you decide, I'll be right beside you." He smiled at his lover.

            Jungkook seemed to be lost in thought for a few seconds. He took a deep breath and smiled at Taehyung, "He saved your life." He began. "Batsy and I have a long history together, but for the first time, I owe him." He nodded. "I'm keeping my promise...as I always do." his voice drifted off.

            Taehyung's heart sank for a second as he realized that their legacy was ending. He nodded and smiled, "I understand." He took Jungkook's hand and squeezed it lightly, but he froze when Jungkook's smile deepened.

            Jungkook caressed Taehyung's cheek as he looked into his eyes, "I'll keep my promise to him...for a while."

            "But..." Taehyung smiled when Jungkook pressed his finger to his lips. Taehyung kissed his finger while waiting for him to continue.

            "I'll be keeping his promise for a while...because I'm making a few promises to you tonight." Jungkook smiled as he pulled out something from his pocket and held it in between his fingers. Even in the gloomy day, it was glistening. Taehyung's eyes widened a he stared at it, and he grinned while Jungkook slipped the ring into his finger. "My single life purpose is to please you...to make you happy. Whether that's in this city, or another, or in fucking hell—because you know we'll reign there too, baby."

            Taehyung smiled brightly and he giggled. "Fuck, I love you..."  his smile grew.

            Jungkook matched his smile, "I don't need a document to prove how much I love you, but damn—a wedding should be fun. We can invite all the great friends we've made...or you've made" He winked. "Marry me?"