Chapter 9

I slowly regained feeling to the tips of my digits, moving them around slowly. Ever so slowly, the feeling to the rest of my frame appeared and allowed me to open my optics carefully. The sight of a grey mist covered barren wasteland probably the most appealing sight to wake up to. I looked around curiously before I was stopped. "Shadow" The surprising voice of Primus spoke, making me turn around and face him.

"Primus" I greeted, nodding my helm once which he returned. "Have a seat" He instructed, gesturing to the ground and doing what he'd said. I complied with the instruction hesitantly and looked at him. I was slightly surprised to see that he was in a way smaller form and was sitting at the same height as I was.

"I'm going to be honest with you, Shadow" He stated making my processor spin slightly. "I'm offline aren't I?" I aasked slightly surprised but not much. "Yep" He replied, popping the 'p'. "You've joined the Well of the Allspark. All you need to do now is sign a form and you'll be on the ebach of Hawii" He informed me in a striaght voice. I chuckled at him, watching as his straight posture and resolve slowly crashed and burned. He slumped and vented in defeat, rolling his optics. 

"You almost ahd me that time" I laughed, Primus joining in lightly. "So, what's really going on?" I asked calmly. He vented deeply, his optics trailing to mine and taking on a more serious look. He then crossed his arms over his chest plating and began talking. "Shadow, you've got dark times ahead. I'm making sure now that you understand that what ever happens is completely out of my control, alright? And there is nothing either of us can do to prevent it. Do you understand?" He questioned seriously, his tone holding no traces of sarcasm.

I thought about what he had just told me and ran it through my processor. 'If he's telling me, then...scrap is going to go down'. I looked up at him slowly and nodded my helm in understanding. "Alright, I understand" I informed him, my Prime formality coming into play. He nodded his thanks and got up, offering me his servo. I took it gratefully and let him pull me up. 

"Well you have 3 very worried mechs awaiting you" He grinned before leaning in to whisper in my audio receiver. "I may have scared them a tiny bit" He whispered before retreating back and chuckling darkly. "I turned and looked at him with semi wide optics. "Oh tell me you didn't" I spoke, already knowing what he'd respond with. "Oh I so did" He laughed. I rolled my optics at the mech. "Well then, I really should be going" I muttered in slight annoyance. He laughed at me before we waved his servo at me and walked away, my vision growing dark before there was nothing. 

I slowly felt my frame come back online, unsurprisingly faster than the last. I kept my optics closed and my frame relaxed as I laid on the medical berth with a shap tool poking at my shoulder where I had been previously shot. I took a silent sharp breathe as the tool scraped againt one of the wires in the joint. 'Light, what the frag is your sparkmate doing?' I growled harshly, ignoring the instinct to roll my shoulder. I nudged against my other bond, feeling several digits rub up my other arm, lovingly. 

'He's scraping the metal where the wound was' Light answered, his tone alerting me that he hadn't realised I was awake. 'Ok' I whispered softly, internally laughing at my twin for being too engrossed with his sprakmate to realise. I closed the bond gently and opened mine and Optimus's carefully. 'Hey sweetspark' I whispered cheekily, hearing a small yelp to my side. 'Shadow!' He called to me as his digits resumed rubbing my arm. 

Ratchet made a few 'tch' noises before he pulled the tool away from my shoulder. "The wound has basically healed, only scar will remain. She should be waking up within an hour" He informed the two mechs, Optimus hummed in understanding and amusement. 'You gave us all quite the scare' Optimus said quietly, his tone riddled with sadness. 'Sorry. Primu's fault' I apologized softly. Optimus laughed lightly over the bond. 

"How are we going to tell her?" Light asked sudeenly, ruining the comfortable silence in the room. Optimus's emotions seemed to stagger slightly before he covered it up. "I will" He informed the others, also indirectly telling me what he was going to do. Ratchet hummed before he poked at a wire in my neck making me jump harshly. "Argh! Oh come on!" I yelled as I landed ontop of Optimus, staring daggers at Ratchet.

Light's optics went wide as he froze and then his gaze turned to the floor, confused. Ratchet looked at me sternly before pointed at me, the tool having been thrown halfway across the room in my distress. "I knew you were awake!" He stated, praising himself for catching me. I groaned and dropped my helm and then realised I'd thrown myself onto Optimus. "Uh...Hi?" I asid as I stared up at him. I shrunk slightly under his gaze as he shook his helm in amusement. 

"How did I not realise?" Light growled as he palced his helm in his servo's. I chuckled loudly and turned to him. "You were too busy checking your sparkmate out. I did talk to you" I informed him. Optimus and I watched in amusement as both Ratchet's and Light's cheek palting dusted bright blue. I rubbed my shoulder as some small ghost pain appeared and felt the rather noticeable scar on the plating. I vented quietly and dropped my servo. 

Optimus moved slightly underneath me, making me jump off him and turn to him, palcing my arm on his shoulder and leaning on him as he sat on a metal chair next to the medical berth. "So, am I clear to leave medbay?" I asked carefully. Ratchet rolled his optics and looked at me, a wrench appearing magically in his servo as he waved it at me. "Yes, but I'm not repairing you again if you go and injure yourself in the next 24 hours" He stated. I jumped up, my arms being thrown into the air. "Thanks Doc!" I called at him as I past him and out the door, a wrench just missing my helm as I got past. 

"I turned and watched as Sam threw himself across a group of desks with computers and other technology on it and stood next to Mearing as she read through a file. I transformed into my human form and slowly made my way over. "Director, the Pentagon is calling you" Mearing's assitant called form the other side of the table as I walked up to Sam. He smiled at me before he moved his hand over a man's head.

I laughed during their small conversation and slowly clamed down as both Sam's and I's attention was dragged to the TV sitting a metre or two away with the news on. "Been a remarkable series of events today at the Capitol. Only moment's ago, legislation was passed to exile the Autbots from American soil. The US Military Alliance with them is officially over-" I heard before Mearing got a call. Sam broke from his frozen state first and turned to Mearing. "They can't do this" He said, pointing at the TV. "You gotta tell them they can't do that"

"Okay. It's officail. It's a go people!" Mearing yelled as she closed her phone. "These are our allies. The Autobots fought for us, they fought with us" Sam tried as I continued staring at the TV in shock. "And where are we now? Facing an enemy invasion..with an enemy that has the means to destroy countless more" Mearing explained before she turned and left. Sam turned to me as I sighed deeply. "This is toatally scrapped" I muttured as my shock turned to anger and sadness.

I was pulled from my stupor as I was quickly picked up and pulled into my sparkmates chest. I immediately buried my head in his chest and allowed few tears to fall. "It's not true...Tell me it's not true" I said quietly, hoping for this to be either a joke or a dream. Maybe this was what Primus was telling me about. Optimus vented as he carefully tightened his grip as he walked back into the medbay. "It's true" He mumbled as he sat back down in the chair. I pulled my head up and wiped away the tears before sighing. He then looked at me with a tint of mischief in his optics.

'But we have a plan'