Chapter 8

---Light's PoV---

"How is Ironhide fairing?" Optimus asked Ratchet as we all stood in the medbay, Ironhide laying in recharge on the medical berth. "He was shot in the chest, it only just missed his spark. Another shot got his abdomen. I cleaned the wound and welded it back together, repairing it enough for only an unnoticeable scar to remain. He will awake any second" Ratchet informed us both. "Doesnt make sense" I mumbled, both mechs hearing me just.

"What do you mean Light?" Ratchet asked me, his optics softening on mine. "When Sentinel shot the first time, Shadow blocked it with her shield. It made a big dent in the shield and rusted the surrounding metal. I'm thinking, why he didnt use the same ammo on Ironhide and Bee and I" I explained, speaking my thoughts and watching their reactions. "Perhaps he only had 1 shot?" Optimus suggested.

"Maybe" I replied absentmindedly. I had tried getting Shadow to respond to me through our bond, as well as Optimus, but she wouldn't open her side and respond, it was just dead sound. Coughing beside us attracting all of our attentions as we snapped to Ironhide's direction. "Ironhide, you've been shot twice. Take it easy" Ratchet spoke, his medic instincts taking over immediately as he examined the previously injured bot out.

"Well, your still online. You've got Shadow to thank for that" Ratchet said as he stepped back to my side, leaning a small bit on my bigger frame. "Great" Ironhide grunted as he moved to sitting position, cringing slightly as his frame was rippled with pain. "Send my regards to your sister, Light" He spoke as he got to his pedes. "I can't" I muttured sadly. "What do you mean you can't?" He asked sharply, narrowing his optics at me.

"Ironhide. Shadow was taken by Sentinel" Optimus said, narrowing his optics at the weapons specialist slightly. "What purpose does that serve? Shadow'll only kick his tailpipe" Ironhide snickered. "Because Shadow is the other inventor of the Pillars! Sentinel traded her help for mine and Optimus's life!" I snapped, my anger and loss for my twin taking its toll. Ratchet leaned more into me and sent love and reassurance that we'd get her back over our bond making me calm down and vent. 

"I'm sorry...I just...I'll be outside if anyone needs me" I said quietly, leaving the medbay and finding a dark corner to sit in and collect my thoughts. 

---Optimus PoV---

I vented quietly as Light left the medbay and looked at Ratchet as he too watched his sparkmate leave. "Well, what are we going to do now?" Ironhide asked, his tone heavily tired with traces of guilt. "We will work on preventing Sentinel from activating the pillars. Hopefully rescuing Shadow in that time" I responded, my processor stuck on Shadow. "Ironhide, your clear to leave medbay" Ratchet informed the charcoal mech. Ironhide getting up immediately and walking out. 

Ratchet vented loudly before rubbing his face plating with a servo. "Light's all over the place. It's like holding a battery that's missing the negative charge. It just doesnt work" Ratchet explained, his tone getting sadder and more frustrtated before he vented again and groaned. "How you haven't broken down yet, Optimus, amazes me" He stated, looking at me as I wore a small sad smile.

"Ratchet, how long will Light be able to cope without Shadow being here with him?" I asked Ratchet. Light's behaviour and emotions having dropped since Shadow was taken and their bond closed. Ratchet vented in though. "A day maybe two days. After that he'd probably go wrestle Megatron to get her back" He asnwered, his face plates changing to a grim look. My optics widened slightly as I ran that through my processor.

'We need to get Shadow back, not just for mine and the team's sake but for Light's as well'

"Optimus! We got a hit!

---Shadow PoV---

I closed the bond. I sadly laughed at the idea of Light going beserk looking for me but put the tought in the abck of my processor. I was back in my Prime form, my abdomen wound having stopped leaking energon a while ago. Megatron had roughed me up a bit as soon as he could, just to show that he was in control and that he could still beat me. I fought back a small bit, only to keep any severe injuries out of the picture but otherwise took the beating.

Right now I was several metres a way as Sentinel conversed with Megatron about activating the pillars. Starscream was awaiting Megatron on the steps to the Lincolm Monument. I growled at myself for having let Sentinel beat me so easily. "Shadow!" Sentinel yelled as he walked away from Megatron and spread the pillars. I growled loudly and stayed in my spot, laying sprawled out on the grass nearer the trees. A shot rung out and the grass beside my helm was flung up. 

I slowly turned my helm and looked at Sentinel with a tired glare. His arm was outstretched, his weapon in his servo and aimed at me, a tiny stream of smoke tumbling out. "Do not forget our deal" He said in a monotone voice. I rolled my optics at his threat before slowly getting to my pedes. He had the control pillar and was just awaiting me for my input. We had designed the pillars for only him and I to work becuase Light would often hang around, bots often thought he helped and would assume his input would be needed as well to activate.

Sentinel placed a servo on the top of the red control pillar as I grabbed the middle. "Commencing transport" He said as it powered on. At the sound of heavy pedesteps and familiar yells, I went to disconnect my servo put was stopped when I caught a glance of both my sparkmate and brother and Sentinel's threatening growl. "Stop! No, no Sentinel!" Optimus yelled at the taller mech. "Shadow!" Light yelled as he went to run over to me. 

"Light stop!" I yelled back when Sentinel went for his weapon. "Forgive me" Sentinel spoke as he activated the pillar. The pillar immediately connected up with its counterparts and shot a massive blue beam up into the sky. I immediately pulled my servo away and glared at Sentinel before he grabbed my shoulder and pressed his weapon under my chin plating. "Come with me or the deal is off" He said quietly. I stiffened before glancing at Optimus and Light. I shut my optics tightly and nodded once before I opened them and ran on Sentinels left as we ran from the two Autobot's.

Optimus and Light immediately shot after us. Optimus ordering the others to fall abck. "Shadow stop!" Light yelled as he ran after us. I continued running with Sentinel before we were both tackled to the ground. I kicked Light off of me and scrambled back spinning around and watching as Sentinel pinned Optimus to a staue. Light got back up and pinned me to the ground. "Stop running. I dont care what deal he made...just...please...stop running" Light begged, tears running down his faceplating. 

"Light..." I said before he burried his helm in my neck and laid on me. "I only did it...to save you and Optimus. I cant lose you both" I cried, joining him as tears fell from my optics as well. I slowly pushed Light off me, having cried for a short time and stood up as Sentinel did as well. Light stayed seated on the ground, Optimus as well. "Shadow, leave him" Sentinel ordered as he walked past me. I looked at Light and Optimus, both having sparkbroken and begging optics. I slowly vented.

"No" I growled quietly. Sentinel stopped in his tracks and slowly turned to me. "Repeat that" He growled back, stretching his digits on the handle of his sword. "I said No. I've done what you asked. I'm not like you Sentnel...I will not betray family" I spat at him, standing at my full height and facing him. He laughed darkly before looking at me. "Lucky I didnt kill you Optimus...not much I can say about you however" He spoke before revealing his gun. My instincts immediately kicked in and moved my frame to a better position, my servos up protecting my helm as the side of my body faced him. 

The sound of his weapon went off as pain bursted out of my shoulder and part of my chest plating. "Shadow!" Optimus and Light yelled as they got out of their frozen states and dove at me. Sentinel walked off as I slowly looked up at the two Primes above me. Optimus moved my frame onto his lap, my backstruts on his chest. "Your gonna be alright" He said, sounding almost like he reassuring himself. I grunted as more pain came from the wound. "Shadow, don't leave me, please. Not like our carrier did" Light cried as he had his arms wrapped around my abdomen, sitting at mine and Optimus's side. 

"I promised i'd always be there for you so don't you dare leave me!" He growled sadly, crying into frame. "Ratchet's on his way Shadow, hold on, please" Optimus said as he cried, palcing his helm on top of mine. I weakly laid an arm over both of their arms and tightened the grib weakly. "Love you both...Kick his...aft...for me..." I spoke, my energon loss getting the best of me as my turquoise optics slowly closed and the yells of my sparkmate and brother lessened untill there was nothing left.