Chapter 2

"Everybody Out!" I yelled as Driller came through the far wall. He continued to shoot from the wall and take part of the walkway surrounding us with him as he dove. "Contact! Contact!" A soldier screamed before being killed. Lennox and I got to the other soldiers who were all firing their weapons in vain to get the 'con. "Get topside now! Move!" Lennox yelled after several tendrils seperated from the main body and grabbed many soldiers. 

"He's got the object!" I yelled after I watched a tendril grab the engine part. I followed Lennox outside where I then ran over to Light who was helping Optimus with Driller. "Scrap.." I squeaked quietly, transforming into my bipedal mode and running over to light's side as he was thrown to the ground by a rogue tendril. "Optimus!" Lennox yelled as Optimus threw a few attacks. 

'Cant use canon, too many casualties' Light informed me as I opted to grabbing my sword and attacking a Tendril that had gone after a few soldiers. "Shockwave and his bloody toys!" I yelled in frustration as a few tendrils picked me up and slammed me to the ground. I got up quickly and cut a few more in half. "Optimus! One of the tendrils has the part!" I yelled as he ran around severing tendrils aswell. 

A loud bang later and he'd thrown himself over a few tendrils and sliced them in half, allowing the engine part to fall to the ground, unharmed. I turned around as the tendrils all shot to a spot and allowed their master to appear. "Optimus" Shockwave growled before turning to light and I. "Sparklings" H esaid with a small nod, pissing Light and I both off. We growled as Optimus readied his sword and shield and gave a small battle cry. 

We all watched as Shockwave disappeared again and the tendrils went back into the Earth. "What the hell was that thing?" Lennox asked as Optimus and I as we put our weapons away. "That is Shockwave" Optimus answered. "Why was he after this?" Lennox questioned, beding down and looking at the object. "It's impossible. This is an engine part...from a long lost Autobot ship" Optimus informed Lennox as I transformed into my huamn form and poked it. 

"Well it's not working now, so I wonder where the ship is" I thought aloud, Optimus humming in agreement and thought. "Pack it up. We'll bring it back to base and go from there" Lennox ordered. "You takaing it or am I taking it?" I asked Optimus as I poked it again. "Well your just poking it, so I'll take it" He replied, his tone riddled with amusement. I poked my tongue at him and laughing as he did the same to me with his glossa. He finally learnt how to do it after lots of practice. 

---Time Skip---

"All arriving Autobots, in par, trianing and debreifing in fifteen minutes. Dino report to bay twenty-theree. Sideswipe bay thirty-seven for weapons assessment" The man on the coms system spoke as we all drove into base. "I'm not training, I swear, I can knock off the helms of half the Decepticons before I got tired. I'm not doing it" Light growled as he transformed into bipedal mode. I laughed beside him, watching as Optimus stayed in his alt mode.

'Whats the matter?' I asked him over the bond so no one else would hear. 'That engine part was to a ship that a former Prime was on before it was shot down. The government told us that they had shared all information around us yet we find this in their hands" He growled, throwing the No emotion rule out the window. 'Perhaps they didnt know?' I suggested. 'Perhaps but Im still pissed" Optimus spoke, mumbling the last few words.

I only just caught them and when I did I grinned to high heaven and turned to him, alerting him that I'd heard as his mirrors moved to look at me. 'You didnt hear that' He said quietly. 'Oh yes I did. My Prime has emotions!' I fangirled, my processor jumping around like crazy. Optimus just groaned before he went quiet. 

"Shadow, on me" Lennox said as he walked past. "Yes, sir" I said quietly with attitude, transforming into human form and walking beside him. Lennox walked over to a soldier and went through a file quickly whilst I looked past him, watching as a blonde lady with several other people around her, waltzed in on the phone. 

"Cia is up my ass about this mystery raid in the Middle East. So, it's time to come clean. Was your unit involved?" She asked as Lennox and I followed behind her. "Ah...I'm not sure, ma'am" Lennox responded awkwardly. We continued walking, going past Bumblebee as he was helping in showing how to do a 'Decepticon head-kill shot'. 

"As Director of Nation Intelligence, I'm a really big fan of intelligent answers" The female blonde stated as she kept walking. "I cant really tell you definitively. These Autobots are like teenage kids. They like to sneak out of the house every once in a while" Lennox replied making me almost smile. "Amen to that!" Lght called from a few metres away, wearing a super big grin. "Colonel Lennox, are you in command or are you not?" The female asked, playing around on her phone.

"Yes ma'am, I am. I-" He began but was cut short. "Stop with the Ma'am. Enough with the Ma'am. Do I look like a Ma'am?" The lady stated and asked. "No, ma'am. Ye-Yes ma'am. Yes" Lennox struggled as I snickered at him. The female turned and continued her trek over to Optimus, Lennox and I following after her. "This gun is my perfect invention, Ironhide" Que spoke as he and Ironhide looked at the weapon. 

"Right" Ironhide grunted before glancing at me and turning away. "Oh, good! Your here! Me names Que. I do hope you have answers for him. I've never seen him so upset" He said as we continued to walk past him. "Shadow, your weapons are ready too!" He called as I turned around and gave him a thumbs up. "Optimus, you remember Charlotte Mearing? Our Director of National Intelligence" Lennox said making me freeze and back track. 

'Well that makes sense now' I commented to myself. "He's in a bad mood. He's-a not talking to anybody today" Dino said, his voice thick with his accent. "What is this? The silent trreatment?" Mearing asked, giving the peterbilt semi a look. I strangled a laugh, still making a noise before Ironhide took over as he moved to beside Optimus. "We've seen that and this is not that" He said. "Definetly not" Que added.

"This is worse. Prime! Make something of yourself!" He called as he hit his servo on the top of Optimus's cab, resulting in a loud metal clang. Optimus transformed slowly and sharply. "He's pissed..." Ironhide commented as he abcked away quickly. I chuckled quietly beside Lennox as Optimus knelt down rather loudly. "You lied to us. Everything humans know of our planet we were told had all been shared. So why was this, found in human possession?" He growled, pointing at the part and then at the base doors.

"We were in the dark on this also. It was Director Only clearance art Sector Seven untill now. The bag" Mearing spoke, turning to her assistant as she struggled with the many bags she had. 'That doesnt make sense' I commented, receiving a grunt in return from the Prime in front of me. 'Your right' Light replied back as he transformed into his human form and joined my side. I was too busy thinking that I missed Mearing and her assistant.

"This is a secret few men knew, and fewer still remain alive. Allow me to introduce to you, two of NASA's founding mission directors and Astronaut Dr. Buzz Aldrin, one of the first two men to step foot on the moon" Mearing informed as as a few men came into the area. 

"Sir.Optimus Prime" She said as she greeted Dr. Aldrin to Optimus. Optimus had stood back up but was now bending down to speak to him. "From a fellow space traveler, It's a true honor" Buzz spoke, looking up at the mech. "The honor is mine" Optimus replied, his tone returning to his usual calm. I stiffled a laugh as he looked around at the Transformers with an awestruck gaze. 

"Our entire space race of the 1960's, it appears, was in repsonse to an event" Mearing spoke as she appeared on the raised paltform. "Our Astronuats investigated a crashed alien ship. No survivors onboard" One of the directors informed us all. "We were sworn to secrecy by our Commander in Cheif" Buzz added. "A total of thirty-five people, knew the real plan at NASA" The same director commented.

"Soviets managed to land unmanned probes. Somehow they musyt have...picked up that fuel rod" Another director spoke. "We beleive the Russians deduced that the rod was a fissionable fuel assembly, beleived thay had it mastered and tried to harness it at Chernobyl" Mearing added, still standing on the platform. "We landed six missions in all. We took hundreds of photos and samples. We locked them away forever when the moon program was shut down.

"Well did you search the crash vault?