Seventeen

Made on computer, apologies for weird formatting :P

Ethan

Tyler and I went into the motel room. It had only two beds with a nightstand, a chair in the corner of the room, a TV with a dresser under it, a closet and a bathroom. The only decoration was a small painting hung up above the bed.

"This place is garbage." Tyler grimaced.

"Hey, you're the one that took me here." I responded.

I sat down at the chair in the corner of the room. I took out my phone and looked at the time, it was almost 4am.

"Hey, you should get going before they all wake up and realize you're gone." I suggested.

"I'll just lie and tell them that I'm out of town for a few days." Tyler responded.

"Why?" I asked.

Tyler sighed, "I'm really pissed off at Mark right now, after what he did to you."

"But you don't have to worry about me being dead anymore." I assured him. "Because I'm alive."

"It doesn't matter!" He shouted. "He acted like such a jerk when we got back. He just kept making up excuses as to how it's all your fault, never blaming himself! Even after showing him my shoulder he didn't---"

"You showed him my bite wound from your shoulder?" I interrupted. "Why in the hell would you do that?"

"To try and convince him that you were not like all the others." Tyler responded. "To try and show that we were able to trust you."

I looked at the wound on his shoulder, my mouth beginning to water, but I resisted. I didn't want to hurt him again. 

Tyler looked down at his shoulder and looked back at me. "Do you need some?"

"No no... I'm fine..." I hesitated. 

"When was the last time you fed?" Tyler asked.

"I honestly have no clue." I shrugged. "All I know is that a group of ghouls brought me back to their place and they helped me pull through."

"A group of ghouls?" Tyler asked. "Was one of them named Brian?"

I raised an eyebrow, "You know him?"

Tyler got up out of his seat and paced the floor, "Shit! They're back..." He kept mumbling. 

"Who?" I asked. 

"Brian! And his group of ghouls!" Tyler exclaimed. "He and his friends have been trying to kill us for years!"

"It was only him and one other ghoul." I said.

"It doesn't matter, he'll make another alliance." Tyler stated. "It wouldn't surprise me if they've followed us."

"No, I escaped from them before they could suspect anything." I assured him.

"He may have just let you escape so that they could all follow you." Tyler claimed. 

"I didn't see any of them follow me when I came over here." I responded.

"Are you absolutely certain?" Tyler asked.

"Yes." I nodded.

I watched as Tyler paced the floor. He then looked out the window for a couple moments, then he put his hand on his wounded shoulder. A changed expression from anger to fear went on his face.

"H-He's gonna come after me again..." He fretted. "He knows the taste of my blood... he's gonna want more..."

I was silent, but actually not surprised. "So he was the one that first bit your shoulder?"

Tyler nodded, "He not only bit my shoulder, he ripped the skin right off, piercing an artery that lead right to my heart. That's how deep it was." He explained. "I bled everywhere, eventually collapsing. I swear I thought I had died, but it turns out I just barely made it. I remember Amy and Kathryn crying in relief after I had woken up. But Mark wasn't there. He was desperate to find Brian after he had escaped that night. He wouldn't give up, not even for a second, and he still hasn't."

"Then why would you let me bite you if something that serious happened to you?" I asked.

"Because I knew you weren't like him." Tyler claimed. "And believe me, your bite was nothing compared to his. It still shook me up a bit, but not as much."

"You can't make assumptions like that around monsters like me." I stated. "Some days we may be weak, but other days we're stronger."

"Well, I know you tried your best not to hurt me." Tyler added. "That's something else I meant to say."

"Thanks... I guess..." I responded.

Tyler sighed, "I guess this means I do have to go back... and warn them..."

"What will you say?" I asked.

"I'll just say that I had to leave the house for a bit and I came across Brian across the city." Tyler fibbed.

I shook my head and stood up, "No... no need to lie... because I'm coming with you."

"Why are you coming back with me?" Tyler asked. "I thought you were scared Mark would kill you."

"I am." I admitted. "But I'm sure he'll do a rain check on that after finding out about Brian."

Tyler let out a slight chuckle, but then he grew serious again. "But if you tell Mark how you survived, he'll still try and kill you because he'll think you've sided with Brian."

"At this point... it doesn't matter." I told him. "What matters is that you warn the others and you guys are able to go and kick some ass, whether I'm alive or not."

"Damn..." Tyler said. "You just flipped a switch or something."

I rolled my eyes, "C'mon, let's go!"

Tyler nodded and we both headed out of the motel and back towards Mark's place.