16. THE TRUTH

"The session for Heather Sanders will start now." The police guy said.

"Ms. Sanders you are charged on attempt of homicide, of injuring Mr. Valentine and according to this, it's not the first time you try to do this." The lawyer said.

Heather didn't say anything; she just stared at the table that was in front of her.

"Ms. Sanders, are you going to speak or should I call up Ms. Stoneheart?" The lawyer said.

Heather looked up and I nearly gave a gasp, she looked terrifying as if she possessed somehow.

"Do you want to hear the truth?" Heather said as she crooked her head to the side and looked at him.

"You can't say anything else but the truth." The lawyer said.

"Well, to begin with stop treating Alex like the victim, the only victim here is me." Heather said.

What was she talking about? She tried to kill me once, I ignore it and get over it but this time it was Ian who almost died thanks to her.

"Tell us why?" The lawyer said.

"Alex has always been so selfish, with everything. Did you know that my dad left my mum because of Alex's mom?" Heather said.

My dad looked at her shocked.

He didn't know until now.

"Explain yourself." The lawyer said.

"My dad met Alex's mom in France, they dated but things didn't work out for them. Years later she and her husband moved into the same town where my dad and my mom lived, what a coincidence, don't you think? When I was nine my dad and mom got a divorce, short after that my dad tried to get back with Alex's mom." Heather said.

"Did it result?" The lawyer said.

"No, her mom loved her husband so much, she had a family and she didn't plan on tearing it apart, but she did tear apart my family." Heather said spitting the words out.

"And how is this Alex's fault?" The lawyer asked.

"Just look at her!" Heather yelled.

Half of the room slightly jumped for her outburst.

"She is just like her, not only did her mother tear my family apart but she turned my own brother against me and if that was not enough my dad looks at me everyday and asks me why can't I be a little more like Alex." Heather said.

For a second, just for a second I felt pity towards Heather.

"She always had what she wanted, a brother that loved her, a mom and dad that loved each other, she had everything." Heather said.

"And is that why you decided to torment her everyday of you life?" The lawyer said.

"She didn't deserve to be happier than me, then she tried to take away everything from me, my place in school, my boyfriend, everything! Now I don't have anything and the only thing that seems fair to me is to kill her or at least Ian." Heather said with a chuckle.

We all looked at her; it was as if she didn't have a heart.

Heather met my gaze.

"Three times I tried to kill you, why don't you die already? I hate you Alex and one day I will kill you, you and all of the people you love!" Heather yelled.

After a while of discussions and all the judge spoke, he gave Heather 55 years in prison but as well she would be in a mental institution where she would stay there until she was no longer under that strong disorder that she had in her head.