5. REMEMBER

I stared at the screen and tried to recap everything I had just seen.

"Are you okay?" Andres said as he entered to my room.

Probably my expression was telling him that something was really bad.

I closed the laptop and stared at him.

"Alex, what happened? Did someone hurt you?" He asked me.

"I watched the videos." I said in a soft voice. "I watched every single one of them."

"Did something happen after you watch them?" He asked me.

I shook my head.

"There was nothing." I said in a sad tone. "Nothing at all, I can't remember."

Andres came over and hugged me.

"Don't worry everything will get clear soon." He said.

I started to cry.

"But this was my only hope, now without this I feel like I'm lost forever." I said.

"Everything would get better." Andres promised.

He was partly right and partly wrong, school continued for two more weeks before it snowed and then winter break came, on Christmas day I was off the wheelchair and I no longer had to use the cast or anything like that. But the best of all was that in Christmas I got to be with my family.

We where in the living room all together, Andres was talking with Maggie who was now convincing me of being interested in her even though Andres always insisted they were only friends. I got up with my mug of hot chocolate, I went outside were Nina and Blake where.

"Hi guys." I said.

Blake looked at me and smiled but Nina completely ignored me, she still had the grudge against me.

"Nina can I talk with you for a second, please can I?" I asked her.

When she didn't answer I looked at Blake.

"I'll leave you two alone for a while." Blake said.

After Blake left Nina placed her arms in the edge of the fence of the porch, she saw how the snow fell and ignored how cold it really was out here.

"Nina, are you still mad at me?" I asked her.

She didn't answer; I guess that was a yes.

"I'm sorry." I told her in a soft voice.

"Do you need me to help you with something?" She asked me.

Since that day when Heather threaten me Nina would only help me out but no like she used to before now it was as if it was her 'duty to' not because she wanted to.

"Yes, you can actually help me." I said.

Nina turned around.

"With what, what can I help you with?" She asked hastily.

"I need you to help me to get my cousin back." I said.

She just stared at me.

"Nina, you were right about Heather and I was just too afraid. But I have to stop being afraid and stop being selfish, you came here all the way from France and you left your home and school just to be with me here, taking care of me and I actually never thought that you miss Paris, that you prefer to be there than here." I said.

"Actually I like this town." Nina said in a soft voice.

"You do?" I asked in a bright tone.

"Yes, but tell me something Alex. What made you change your mind?" Nina asked me.