3. BULLIED LIKE ALWAYS

It felt nice just for once to pass by the hallway of the school without being pushed against the lockers, to be insulted or bullied like always. I think I was starting to like all of this, but everywhere I glance I only met pitiful looks and I knew what everyone was thinking.

'Poor Alex, she had a car accident and doesn't remember what happen the last two years of her life.'

It was more attention than I could actually bare, it was just too much. I never thought I would want this but I wish I was invisible like I was before. But we all knew that was not going to happen at least not looking like this, Blake carefully took me to my locker and help me open it, as I did I saw some pictures that were glued in the inside part of my locker's door. One of them was Maggie and I, I was wearing some kind of rocker/punk clothes, my arm was around Maggie and we were both smiling, we were happy.

The other one that I saw, I wasn't ready to see something like that. As I saw the picture I felt a knot in my throat and I felt my eyes water not letting me see the picture, it was of the beach and I recognized it as the beach my cousins and I would go to in France, but what had overwhelmed me was the people in the picture, Andres was there wearing a white cotton blouse and some Bermuda shorts, my dad was wearing the same thing expect that he had some pants instead of shorts, I was there with a cotton white dress but what grabbed my attention was who I was holding tightly with my arms, in a long blue skirt and a white blouse was a woman and she was no other but my very own mother, but the was she looked was breathtaking her skin looked pale almost translucent and her long blonde hair was gone instead she had a blue fabric covering her head. But it was her face that made me cry, she was obviously in pain but still she forced a lovely smile in her face after she was happy, she was with her family.

"That picture was taken a week before she passed away." Blake said breaking my thoughts.

I looked at him; he had a sad look on his face I knew how I must look to him helpless and full of pain.

"She looks happy." I said in a soft voice. "She really looks happy despite the fact that she was sick."

"She was, your mother knew she had few days left so she tried to enjoy every second of it and so did you. You almost never left your mother, you were by her side all the time, taking care of her and keeping her company. I know she is grateful for that." Blake said.

I gave a sight.

"I just wish I could remember all of that, remember the last moments of happiness I spend with her." I said in a low voice as I tried my best to not cry.

"You will one day." Blake said as he rubbed my shoulder.

Oh Blake, if you even knew...

With Blake's help we got to my first class which was a free hour meaning that I had a free hour to start to learn two years of school work, somehow I knew that this was going to be a pain in the butt.

"Okay, so what do you want me to start with?" Nina asked me.

"What are the subjects I have to take?" I asked her.

"Let me see, you have: English, Literature, Spanish, French, Math, Algebra, Geometry, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Business, World History, American History, French History, Human Geography, and many others." Nina said nearly out of breath as she read everything off.

I stared at her with my mouth open.

"All of those?" I said shocked.

"What do you expect Alex? You are in your senior year and you only remember half of your freshman year." Nina said.